Missouri-Kansas City

small church search

I am having an intimate wedding in Kansas City, MO with 30 to 60 guests. My fiance and I have decided that the Simpson House would be perfect for our intimate reception. I would have the ceremony at my church but it is too big for my small guest list. I am looking for a small church or chapel near the Simpson House. I am protestant. I have found Pilgrim Chapel and the chapel at Country Club Christian Church. These are both beautiful but they both have something we don't like. I was wondering if anybody knew of another location that I haven't mentioned.
Thank you

Re: small church search

• edited December 2011
    Hi. I was totally going to suggest both of the ones you already looked at :) We thought of having a small wedding ceremony and bigger reception so i have a few ideas for you. I know that Unity Temple on the plaza has smaller chapels to get married in, I think Jacobs Well (in Westport right by KU Med) does too. We also looked at Rolling Hills Presbyterian Church, and they had a small chapel. Those totally may not be what you're looking for, but just thought I'd let you know :) Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure it's super close to your reception site, but Unity Village also has a small chapel that might work.
  • edited December 2011
    Look at Country Club Congregational in Brookside.
  • ces25cces25c member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My ceremony is going to be at Westwood Lutheran Church on Rainbow.  It's bigger than the ones you mentioned, but I don't think it would swallow up your guests.  The website says it seats 175 comfortably, but that includes extra rows of chairs behind the pews.  During Easter service there about 40-50 people filled it up nicely with everyone spread out. 
    Unity Temple on the Plaza has 1 small chapel, but it only holds up to 30 people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards