Michigan-Detroit

Weird Gifts (PIP)

A couple of you know that I have been receiving anonymous gifts at various places. I don't know what to think or who they could be from. I've never heard about this being done before, but to me it's a little creepy.

Re: Weird Gifts (PIP)

• klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are those the notes youre getting with your gifts?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

I think you need to set up a nanny cam to catch them.  Hopefully, whoever it is fesses up at your shower.

DS Born 12/21/11 #2 EDD 4/7/13
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_weird-gifts-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:e39b089e-9bc4-4f66-b9dc-b7e34facb64cPost:5f771369-f6df-4440-826a-07bb16a6d432">Re: Weird Gifts (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are those the notes youre getting with your gifts?
    Posted by klreese0213[/QUOTE]

Yes, these are the poems/notes that are coming with each.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_weird-gifts-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:e39b089e-9bc4-4f66-b9dc-b7e34facb64cPost:5d2b01ab-c167-477b-9c0a-9408e0a1beef">Re: Weird Gifts (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you need to set up a nanny cam to catch them.  Hopefully, whoever it is fesses up at your shower.
    Posted by MrsBarstool2011[/QUOTE]

It's so hard to know where they'll show up next.  The ones we received yesterday were mailed Priority Mail from a Troy address but postmarked from Pontiac.
    The ones before that were delivered to my mom's store's back door, bell was rung like it was a delivery and then no one was there, just a black garbage bag with 4 gift bags in it.
  • edited December 2011
    That story is kinda creepy..lol
    BabyFruit Ticker

Photobucket

• lcsnowflakelcsnowflake member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is strange.  Do you have any clue who it is?  Plus they bought you your veil?  Is it the veil you wanted?  Are the gifts things that you actually like or would use?  If so, then I would assume it was someone close to you.  Werid...

I thought the name of your post meant who had the weridest gift.  I recieved a squirrel bird feeder at my shower, but I knew who it came from.  Those sound like nice gifts, just werid that who don't know who is sending them.

• klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thats sooo odd!! i bet it's someone SUPER close to you like your mom or FMIL trying to be funny....
    i have never heard of anything like this before
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • bee&beebee&bee member
    edited December 2011
    All the notes sound like the person knows you both and the details of the wedding.  I would think it has to be someone pretty close to you.  It's kind of exciting...I hope they announce who they are so that you can be less weirded out and also thank them.
  • edited December 2011
    All of the gifts are cheap, like from the dollar store. 
    The first was 4 rings pops, the veil is a child's plastic one with tulling hot glued to it, Doug's is a big blue polka dotted bow tie like a clown would wear, the flowers were artificial, the jewelry is plastic/little girls, the purse is black with bedazzled like rhinestones on it with the strap being plastic beads and the champagne glasses are miniature.  It's all ish to me. I want to throw it all away. I didn't eat the ring pops because I have no idea who they're from. I don't know if it's someone being cute or being a jerk.
  • edited December 2011
    That's so random!  But kind of fun and must make you feel pretty special that someone is thinking of you so much (or makes you feel creeped out - either way, lol).  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Sooooo weird! I hope for your sake it is someone you know and they will come forward at your shower. I am not so sure I could wait that long, I would have a nanny cam set up so fast! Good luck, let us know who it is when you find out!
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is super creepy.  Hopefully you find out soon.
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't be creeped out.. I would be ecstatic that someone's having this much fun! [: 
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's really cute and I think you have someone really close that cares a ton about you and is REALLY happy for you.
  • edited December 2011
    That's so weird.  Sounds like maybe your mom, his mom, a BM, sibling- someone close to you like that.  Or someone trying to play a prank on you.
    BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
  • courtney1188courtney1188 member
    edited December 2011
    I'd be pretty creeped out! Tomorrow is April Fools Day, maybe they'll reveal themselves then?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_weird-gifts-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:e39b089e-9bc4-4f66-b9dc-b7e34facb64cPost:b62127da-16e6-45be-af63-4c0953f0e36e">Re: Weird Gifts (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's so weird.  Sounds like maybe your mom, his mom, a BM, sibling- someone close to you like that.  Or someone trying to play a prank on you.
    Posted by mrsbunyip[/QUOTE]

It's not my mom, his mom is a cheap a$$, you can't squeeze a nickel out of her, his grandma thinks it's crazy, I have no siblings in MI (1 brother that lives in NC), he has 2 brothers and a worthless sister. 3 of my BM's live long distance and the other 2 have been at work when the 2 packages showed up.  I'm baffled!! 
    But it is very nice, I just can't figure it out.  Hopefully they'll reveal themselves soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards