Second Weddings
Options

Over the Mountain and Through the Snow - Twice!

My Bridal Shower weekend turned into a 5 day trip... We couldn't get to our destination on Friday the road was closed... It took us 6 hours to do a 2 hour drive on Saturday and we arrived at the Bridal Shower when it was to have ended... Freak winter storm...and then due to road closures we couldn't leave on Sunday, and got stuck again on Monday due to closures again.  We finally got home yesterday - whew!

I did have a lovely shower both of my sisters took pictures and I will be getting copies.  My mom got me a "Bride-to-be" pin and a veil that says "I do..." in hot pink!
We played games and had a good time! 

Re: Over the Mountain and Through the Snow - Twice!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You rarely doing anything in a boring and normal fashion do ya?  Wink

Glad you had a good time and were able to finally get home safely!

Inquiring minds also would like to know - Did ya score a bunch of great loot????

Any chili pepper lights?
  • Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL  - Wait!!!  There is a NORMAL fashion in which to do things?  Wow I didn't know that!!! LOL

We registered!!  And received one item off the registery - a crock pot and it will come in handy these few days before the wedding.  Nothing like being able to start a meal and run errands and tend to last minute things! And not have to dine out.

One of my FI's cousins sent me a lovely chemise and robe, the chemise was exactly what I was looking for!!

We scored some things for the house, some for the bride and had a great time!
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL, it's never easy is it Angie?

When I read the post topic, I filled in the blanks.........uphill...........both ways. You know, the stories our parents told about how hard their lives were.
  • Options
    Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You only have one week and four days Ang!  Did you know that?!
  • Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *kisses* Marrin you are such a doll ~ thank you for reminding me...  eep!!   ;-}

I still need to paint a inset wall in the living room - which has two windows with blinds and drapes... and a FI that at this time has decided sitting on his bum is better than getting the project done.... He's getting another cold (or having a relapse).  The FDSD also is ill....Am I having fun yet!?!?! 

This particular project waited until three weeks ago for the FI to clean up his cables and such for the entertainment center and all his "toys".

I also need to do a top to bottom cleaning of the house since there is still lingering construction dust...  I just need another week....or two  - or to hire help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards