Missouri-Kansas City

Wedding Wednesday

What are your goals for this week? This month? What have you gotten done recently that you can "check" off the TD list?

me... nada. haha I've kind of fallen behind on the wedding planning game this last month due to our moving. Give me motiviation to catch up again! ;-P

Re: Wedding Wednesday

• edited December 2011
    I've sorta fallen off the wedding planning too, but I don't have any good reason for it!  I did finally get my invitation supplies ordered, so my big goal for the month is to make the reception card, directions card, and map so that they'll be ready to print when my stuff gets here. 
  • edited December 2011
    Goal for this week...send out the std (will be doing tonight), FINALLY get a date set for my FI and my parents to meet, and working more on creating my cupcake stand...oh and FI needs to send in the contract for the DJ

This month...going to go and do a food testing in 4 weeks...so need to pick which foods we want to taste,  Working on some other small dyi projects, like reserved signs, and programs.  Finalizing the 'ceremony', maybe ordering BM dress...have them picked just haven't ordered...busy month it seems.

There will be 2 checks tonight...AND last week i order my gown...BIG CHECK.  Super excited, but now i have to wait till July 15th to see it again!
  • edited December 2011

Not a whole lot this week.  Mailed out the STD's yesterday.  Need to start looking at invitations.  Find jewerly, headpeice, and shoes for myself.  Start looking for BM's gifts.

Maiya

• edited December 2011
    My goal for the month is get all my BM's to let me know what size dress they want so that I can order it.  Otherwise I don't have much going on wedding-wise.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    This month, I hope to
    *get the invitations together(picking them up this week! just have to assemble)
    *find jewelry and shoes
    *finalize the menu for the reception(tasting on Tuesday!)
    *get the thank you's out for the showers happening in the next two weeks
    *schedule my first fitting

Wow, it's coming up fast!!!

• katej78katej78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a major set back this month (our reception site figured out they'd double booked our date and we were told 87 days before our date that we had to find a new site), so I got really burned out with all things wedding.  We had to do a bunch stuff all over again that I thought was over back in August.  But, we're getting back on track now.  Parts of our invitations were re-ordered this morning, so with a rush delivery, we will hopefully get those out within the next two weeks.  Our envelopes are addressed and ready to be stuffed, so that helps.  Today, I scheduled our tasting at our new venue. 

I have my hair trial Friday afternoon and my first fitting on Saturday. Next weekend is my first shower!  Over the next week or so, I'm working on some random DIY projects, like photo cardbox, and we have some ceremony details to finalize.  Danny picked out his groomsmen gifts tonight, so I think we are back on track and might pull this off after all!  
  • kwagner1211kwagner1211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I just found out that I will spend the four months leading up to the wedding on travelling back and forth from home (in Denver) to Michigan for work. I thought it was bad enough planning a distance wedding but now having to do it with me, FI, and mom all in three different places is already stressing me out! Needless to say I have many goals for this month:

*finish invitation wording
    *send rest of insert cards to printer to be printed
    *register for gifts
    *find undergarments for first fitting
    *get usher's attire finalized
    *start collecting addresses
    *pick out church decorations
    *finish honeymoon travel arrangements

• edited December 2011
    Oh no!! That's awful about your venue....where was it? It's hard enough for us to figure out which one we're going with, but then to have them cancel! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards