New York-New York City
Options

Looking for a Catholic Church in the city...

Hi Everyone!

I am currently looking for a Roman Catholic church in the city( with preferably a reception hall located in the church or near by ...My Fiancee is Catholic and is requesting a catholic ceremony ( witout the mass ). If anyone has any information that would be great.  I have found a few churches online but have yet to visit them . Just wanted to see if anyone has first hand information.

Thanks!

Kelly

Re: Looking for a Catholic Church in the city...

• Options
    Lali4182Lali4182 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just took the first part of my Pre-Cana at St.Vincent Ferrer. It's a beautiful church and it's located on 66th and Lex...I'm not really sure if they have a hall...Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Offhand I can only think of 2 churches with event space.  Although niether are Catholic.  One of them is the Riverside Church, I'm not 100% sure but i think you can have a catholic cermony there.
    http://www.theriversidechurchny.org/about/?weddings
    the church is interdenominational and i think you can have a catholic priest come in and do the ceremony.

The other is St. Barts, which is episcopalian.  I hope this helps, good luck with your search!
  • Options
    kcorbit26kcorbit26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies for the information!

:)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our wedding at St. Patrick's Cathedral.  It's not as outrageously expensive or as difficult as you might think!   We planned our wedding in 8 months!
  • Options
    MsSiriusMsSirius member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    St. Vincent Ferrer on 65 and Lex is an absolutely beautiful church. They have a lower church connected to it which is what the HS uses as the lunch room. It's the prettiest but it is fairly big and they have a stage.
  • Options
    kcorbit26kcorbit26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow St. Patricks!? I have heard the waiting list is 2 years !

Also anyone have experience with the Pre Cana ? I am actually pretty nervous about this.

Thanks for the other church  suggestions as well :) 
  • Options
    lcanecchialcanecchia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Me and my fiance just completed our pre cana. Nothing to be nervous about. You are in a large room with around 40 other couples. The first part is an older married couple talking to you about what it takes to have a long successful marriage. The second part incorporates more of the church's teachings for sex and marriage. No individual participation is required.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards