Gay Weddings

Celebrating in DC!! HELP!

Holli and I want to go out after we get married!  It will be just the two of us, but we don't know any good gay/lesbian bars to go have a drink at after we have dinner!  Can someone help us out?

Re: Celebrating in DC!! HELP!

• rbtrumpetrbtrumpet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not gay (I was just looking at boards to find interesting discussions), but there is a bar called Freddies on 23rd Street in Crystal City (about 1/2 a mile south of DC in Arlington, VA) which is a gay bar, and it's always packed whenever I drive by.  I can't speak from experience going in to the bar, but it looks like a popular place.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • rbtrumpetrbtrumpet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Or you could go to Dupont Circle (an area in NW DC) - I'm not sure if you're looking for a specifically gay/lesbian bar or just one that is more "open" to it - but the Dupont Circle area has a large GLBT population, and a lot of bars.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is, to the best of my knowledge, only one specifically lesbian bar in DC:  Phase I.  It is cash only, age 21+ only, and only open Wednesday through Sunday.

Lesbians are also welcome at gay bars, of course, but the gay bars tend to be male-dominated.
  • julietspoisonjulietspoison member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wife and I went to Town on 8th and U for our bachelorette. There is also Phase 1, which is kind of small and crowded, there's Lace, which is in NE -- also only women there. 17th Street (17th and P/17th and R) is always bumping with gay nightlife. I'd steer clear of Virginia -- there is no need for that when there are so many gay clubs and bars in DC.
  • rfelix14rfelix14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     I've heard Town on 8th and U is really good. There is also Nellie's on U Street (but it's like a sports bar). There is a place called Ajax in Dupont and another called Chaos on 17th and Q. I've only been to Chaos and it was a blast, but I'm not sure if it is still open. These are all suggestions from my best friend who is gay, so they will probably be male dominated...hope this helps some and Congrats on your wedding!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Trini Bride
  • edited December 2011
    DC is so gay friendly I don't know that you need to limit yourself to a gay bar.
    My fiancee and I are getting married there in a couple of months and going to an upscale eatery afterwards for dinner/drinks. There will be no late night partying because we leave for the honeymoon early the next day.
    Congratulations!
  • edited December 2011
    There is Phase 1 as someone mentioned, FAB Lounge, LACE and Nellie's.  There are others too.  These are the ones I've been to.  There is also Jam at Mova Lounge which I hear is nice.

I live in the DC area, feel free to ask me any questions.

Also keep in mind that the crowd and enviroment at all of the bars of very different.  So depending on how you want to celebrate could dictate where you wind up. 

Tammy
    Blushing Brown Bride
    Say I Do!
    http://sayidolgbt.blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards