Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Dress Help

Hi, I have ordered my dress for our June Wedding. Unfortunately, My fiance was diagnosed with a very aggressive, terminal cancer. We've decided to get married on Saturday(11/20) before he gets really sick from Chemo. Does anyone know of a good place to get a simple, less expensive replacement gown? Any leads or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I wish I could wear the gown I ordered, but it's not in yet. Please, any help??

Jenni

Re: Dress Help

• Options
    edited December 2011

I'm so sorry to hear about your fiance.  For a dress, there used to be at least one wedding consignment shop here in Des Moines.  That might be where I would start looking. 
     Here are a few I found just by doing a google search

Rosie's Bridal Consignment3009 Merle Hay Rd # 4
    Des Moines, IA 50310
    (515) 270-6267
     Bridal Cottage6707 Douglas Ave
    Des Moines, IA 50322

(515) 277-8302
     Wedding Shoppe

2773 100th St
    Urbandale, IA 50322

(515) 278-0253

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!! I tried some on at David's Bridal.  I actually called the dress store and they're going to call the manufacturer and see if they can get my dress here in time!! If not, I at least have a back up at Davids...Thank you again for yuour research!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i am so sorry to hear that! My heart goes out to you two. good luck and if anything happens and you need more dress help let me know i am a seamstress. i'm making my own dress too but my wedding is months away so i have plenty of time to help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards