Texas-Austin

Any Catering Reviews for Pink Avocado?

Hello,

Just wanted to see if anyone had an experiences with the Pink Avocado Catering Company?

Thanks

Re: Any Catering Reviews for Pink Avocado?

• edited December 2011
    i've heard really great reviews on them and their food is delicious. they were one of my top two choices.
  • foxandsocksfoxandsocks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Pink Avocado for our May 15 wedding. They have been super easy to work with. They are very quick to respond to any questions or concerns that I have had. The food at our tasting was DELISH! Their prices are very reasonable for what I was quoted from other caterers.
  • SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tried to get a quote from them, told it was almost ready, and then never heard from them again. They do get really good reviews on here, though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • EMLChicagoEMLChicago member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was wondering the same thing.  Met with another catering company earlier in the week and was *shocked* by the quote.  Am meeting with Pink Avocado next week and hope it'll be more inspiring.

Are you all serving full sit-down meals?  We're planning to have a cocktail reception-style dinner with a few passed apps. and food stations (e.g., tapas, seafood, cheese...).  The quote from the caterers I met with was actually about $5-10 more per person for stations/hors d'oeuvres than it would have been for a sit-down meal, which struck me as odd...but maybe my expectations are just off :)

Thoughts?
  • edited December 2011
    we're doing four passed appetizers and four food stations (salad, beef dish, fish dish and chicken dish) and are paying $25 per person. the stations are also going to have sides on them...chips, salsa, guacamole, chimichurri sauce and extra appetizers. we're doing a mexican/south american type of cuisine. for the amount of food we're getting and the variety, the price is incredible. i think stations are often more expensive because of the variety where for a sit down, you'll only have one or two different options. if i remember correctly, my quote from pink avocado for a buffet with less appetizers and just two entree options was the same as my caterer's pricing for stations...and the food was so delcious....liz with exquisite cuisine. 
  • decjunkiedecjunkie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am using Liz with Exquisite Cuisine also.  I tried several other caterers bit theirs pricing was a lot more and no where near the quality of food.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards