Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

News about my Dad....

I received a call from my mom over the weekend that he had passed away. He has had a heart condition for the past 8 years, so he was very fortunate to live as long as he did.

As many of you know, I was not at all close to my father, and he did not see me get married, had no idea I graduated with my Bachelor's or Masters Degree, and had no idea I was living overseas.

I will not be flying home because there won't be a funeral, and my sister is in Pittsburgh helping with the logistics. He did not have a will, and we are acting based on what his girlfriend said he wanted.

Here's the obit (no clue who wrote it, it does not sound like my dad at all).

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/postgazette/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=137641469

So it's a strange situation, but thoughts and prayers for my family would be appreciated. You girls are the best.

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
My Doha Adventures

Re: News about my Dad....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear this, JBee.  A difficult situation indeed. 

Thinking about your family!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Even though you were not close I'm sure this can't be easy. Many thouhgts to the family and to you.
    image.
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jenny,

I was getting ready to send you a PM. 
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I will PM you the link to the other obituary.

• Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lots of thoughts and prayers for your family are on their way.   And the obit sounded very.... odd to me.  i don't know why.

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Jenn, the obit is odd to me too! I never knew my dad was an internet radio DJ, or that he raised birds. I have to ask my sister who wrote it!

Thanks ladies, my family appreciates your thoughts and prayers!

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear this Jenny.  My thoughts are with you and your family in dealing with this.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    J, did your sister have a relationship with your dad?  How is she holding up?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    KR - After he left my mom, my sister did have a relationship with him for a few years, and met him for holidays and such. But more recently, they had fallen out of touch also.

She called him 2 years ago to tell him she was moving to New York, and she said Hi Dad, and he asked her who it was. Sigh.

She definitely seems sad, but I think she is holding up pretty well. We spoke via Skype the day we found out, and she teared up while we were talking about him.

He passed away on Friday, and she had all ready planned to fly home to Pgh on Saturday, so I think it helped that she was home with our family the next day.

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    Er/jerEr/jer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear this, Jbee.  Thoughts and vibes to you and your family.
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear this, Jennifer.  Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.  I'm glad your sister was able to get home so quickly.

((((hugs))))

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm so sorry to hear about your father's passing.
    I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

If it's not too personal, can I ask what his heart condition was? My father was recently diagnosed with congestive heart failure.

image.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Punk-ness, he was diagnosed with cardio-myopithy (sp?!) about 8 years ago.

I am actually surprised he has lived this long, because I don't think he regularly went to the doctor or ate well, exercised, etc.

Good health vibes to your dad! My aunt is a Cardiac Rehab nurse at UPMC, if your dad needs one. She is BEST! :-) Let me know, and I can give you her name and location.

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear this.  I'll keep your family in my T&P.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks Jenny, that is truly sweet of you.

image.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thoughts and prayers to you and your family Jenny
  • Options
    AP910AP910 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So sorry :( My prayers are with you & your family.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    JennyBee, even though you were not close to your father, my thoughts and prayers for you and your sister at this time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm coming in really late here, Jennybee; we were traveling. So sorry to hear about this. I don't really know what to say in times of loss such as this.

I am thinking good thoughts for your family, your sister, and especially for you, JB. Here for you always.
  • Options
    lildiva1977lildiva1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thoughts and prayers to you and your family!  HUGS!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards