Connecticut
Options

Father Daughter Dance

My FI and I final decided on our song for our first dance, so now it is time to work on the song I will dance with my father to. At first, I was thinking I would do Baby Love by the Supremes because my dad would also sing this song around the house, but after really listening to the song it doesn't work. I know I want an oldies song, but I am lost. Does anyone have any good recommendations? I have asked my dad what he wants to dance to and he has no idea. I never thought picking songs out would be so hard....
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Father Daughter Dance

• Options
    My Girl is a really popular father/daughter song.

My dad and I danced to the Frank Sinatra version of The Way You Look Tonight.
  • Options
    I love oldies musice so there were a bunch of contenders for my father-daughter dance but I'm having the toughest time remembering them.  Maybe Stand by Me by Ben E. King?  We ended up going with a Rascal Flatts song, though. 
  • Options
    I think that is a cute song, especially if it means something to you both.  I am dancing with my dad to You're the First, You're the Last.... by Barry White. Very untraditional and somewhat silly but it reminds me of my dad and is special to me.

My sister did My Girl.  Otis Redding has a really beautiful version of it as well as Stand By Me.
  • Options
    That is a good song, especially if it has a meaning to you.  We did 'I Loved Her First' by Heartland.
  • Options
    Thank you girls!! So do you think it would be okay to do Baby Love since it has meaning to us? And we can just have the DJ announce that it is a song my dad sign around the house.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_father-daughter-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:ebcffdd6-bf73-4062-8c4e-65948f451500Post:22c8f7d2-c5d8-43a1-9c5c-0d82746e5e2b">Re: Father Daughter Dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you girls!! So do you think it would be okay to do Baby Love since it has meaning to us? And we can just have the DJ announce that it is a song my dad sign around the house.
    Posted by stefpet22[/QUOTE]

ABSOLUTELY.  Two of my friends are getting married and they were discussing first dance songs.  No one remembered any of my songs from last year.... so my point is, the only ones that will remember what song you did, is you (and your husband, father, etc.) so do what makes YOU happy.  Also, people will be having way too good a time to sit there and analyze the lyrics. Have fun!!!
  • Options
    Thank you for your advice! I think we will do that song :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards