October 2012 Weddings

Great news!

More like FANTASTIC NEWS really! On my last update of my mom we were waiting on the results of her PET scan. Well my mom surprised the entire family at Thanksgiving by telling us that the PET scan showed her cancer was SHRINKING!!!!! That is just so amazing! We were all taken back by this and just so happy! God truly gave us something to be thankful for!

Once again thank you for all the prayers and please keep them coming!
Anniversary
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Great news!

• That is fantastic news!!!!!  Sending postive thoughts your way and hoping we keep hearing great updates :-)
    Follow Me on Pinterest image

Weight Loss Journey Blog- Feel free to read if you like!updated 3/25/12 http://danaslapbandjourney.blogspot.com/
  • edited November 2012
    That is AMAZING!!!!!  My father had testicular cancer with lung metastasis.  By the time he was diagnosed, he was only given days to live.  After 36 days on life support, 56 days in the hospital, several rounds of chemo led by the same doctor who treated Lance Armstrong, and countless blood transfusions my dad is back to at it, healthy and happy.  Miracles are all around.  Keep asking for God's hand to guide her doctors, and her healing.  Every day is a blessing.    

It can be really tough.  There's such a rollercoaster of emotions.I remember looking at people walking around outside the hospital, or driving to the stores near by and being angry at them.  I remember saying "Look at them.  Don't they know that our lives are being changed forever?  How can they just go on like everything is fine."   Then other times I'd be on top of the world because my dad squeezed my fingers or the nurses gave him a fresh shave.   I walked around with this idiot smile on my face for days the first time we heard that his marker was going down.  No one could know the pure joy and grace that you're experiencing.  It is hard to remember that people just can't understand what you're feeling.  It's almost like you're removed from the world.  And even 2 years later, I still feel it.  When something happens I put in the the perspective of "It isn't cancer.  It could be worse."  You will all be changed by going through this.  You'll be stronger, and even more aware of the blessing that life is.  You'll treasure family time a little bit more.  You'll find yourself bring gifts to nurses 2 years later, and late night donuts and coffee.  You'll find yourself just smiling more.  You'll find that you couldn't careless if people are looking at you weird when you're standing the the grocery store crying because you're by her favorite snack. 

I'll definitely continue praying for your mom and for your family.  Hold on to the ups to get you through the downs.  If you feel overwhelmed by keeping family and friends in the loop I highly recommend a caring bridge site- http://www.caringbridge.org. You can set up a blog to keep everyone informed at the same time with the same detail and friends and family can leave messages and support.  We love my dad's caringbridge because we can look back at his progress, and remember how blessed we are.  There are privacy settings so only approved people have access to the information if you decide to limit it.      

Enjoy your holidays with family!
  • Congrats to your mom!
    Anniversary
  • That's fantastic, hooray!
    Anniversary
  • That's wonderful news!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • OMG!!! YAY!!!!! That is fantastic!!! Oh, I have been really thinking about y'all. I hope it continues to shrink. YAY!!!! Keep us updated!!
    weddingpic
  • That is wonderful!! Awesome! :) I'll continue to keep her in my thoughts!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards