Not Engaged Yet
Options

TGIF

I am so glad it's Friday, it has been such a long tiring week.  I am exhausted but excited, my show opens tonight.  I hope it goes well.
I also wanted to share a really strange and funny dream. MY BF came to me all excited saying he got the diamond for my engagement ring and wanted to show it to me.  He kept telling me it was a diamond but it looked like plastic.  I remember the thing being really heavy and big, it was round and had purple, pink and blue glitter on the bottom and inside the stone was a plastic flower somehow.  He said it was trying to find a band to bring out the beauty in the diamond.  I remember in the dream calling my mom and saying I love him so much I guess I'm going to have to wear it.  Thank goodness I woke up.

Any strange dreams lately for anyone else? 

What are your weekend plans?

We open the show tonight and have performance Saturday night and Sunday afternoon.  Early Sunday afternoon is my niece's brithday party at some jumping bouncing place.  Other than that I'll be trying to catch up on sleep and spending time with the BF.

Anniversary

Re: TGIF

• Options
    Yay good luck on your show tonight!  I'm glad I never had any engagement dreams.  

I'm leaving for DE later this afternoon.  Tomorrow I'm going dress shopping (WOO!!) and then having lunch with Lauren (YAY!!).  Sunday I have a bridal shower for my step sister & then taking a bus back home.  I will be missing the entire first game between my Devils & the Flyers & I'm so, so upset about that right now :(

• Options

Thank you rdr.  I hope you have fun dress shopping, it sounds like a great weekend. 

It sucks to have to miss a hockey game.  I was at the theater last night and missed watching the Rangers game, I kept texting BF for the score.  Although nothing beats live hockey games.

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm going home to VA for the weekend. Unfortunately this means I will be missing Rdr's visit :(
    But, it's my cousins 30th birthday party, and I'm really excited about that, too. I'm also hopefully meeting up with one of my friends and her new baby, as well as seeing one of my best friends from high school, who has been living in Europe for the past couple of months.
  • Options
    I think I'm just going to lay around and be sick this weekend.  My head is getting worse, my nausea is getting worse.  I probably shouldn't be at work, but I'm stubborn.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    No engagement dreams for me, luckily.

Today I start my nonstop work schedule until mid- July. We are booked every single weekend, which makes me happy but SO is a bit sad. Our schedules are usually only the same in the fall, with him working a ton August-March and my schedule is busy April- November. I'm excited to get back to work, but I know come June I'll be pretty burnt out.

Right now I'm enjoying my freedom before I have to head to the office at 11.
    I'm hoping I don't have any hours at the video store on Sunday, I was hoping to spend the day being a bum.
    Photobucket
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Good luck, danser!  Pee k, feel better soon plz!
    I have "off" work today to present at a conference.  Tomorrow is lunchdrinks with rdr and I am so pumped!  Sunday, H and I are headnig down to an Orioles game with some friends from undergrad.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    RDR, Seriously... We're playing you guys next?? FUUUUUUUUUUCK. *headdesk* I have a feeling I'm going to be very drunk the next week or so. Oh well, we lasted longer than the Red Wings, who can suck it. Also Cindy Crosby can suck it as well.

I have to drive up to Lansing and pick up my sister from MSU, keep her at my apartment all weekend, then turn around on Sunday and drive her back. My dad didn't want her coming home this weekend, since she is moving home on Tuesday - but my mom called me and said my sister was hysterical and could I do this, and keep it from my dad. I'm not comfortable with this, but my mom pulled the effing guilt card. Oh well.

I have plans of being an uber bum this weekend. School is done on Monday, I will finally have an Associates in something. I will tidy the house, finish laundry, and play video games. That is my plan. Oh and go to the hookah bar with some guy friends of mine.
  • Options
    I'm exhausted this week, so I'm happy it's almost over.  I'm planning on being a bum at home for the most part - it's the first weekend I'll get to relax in about a month.
  • Options
    Thanks LaSak!  have fun with rdr!!!!

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tgif-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1a56814f-ba1e-4dd6-924a-01eaa56e95e6Post:eb90b55e-8833-45d6-9f22-2ef0003da8cc">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>RDR, Seriously... We're playing you guys next?? FUUUUUUUUUUCK. *headdesk* I have a feeling I'm going to be very drunk the next week or so. Oh well, we lasted longer than the Red Wings, who can suck it. Also Cindy Crosby can suck it as well. </strong>I have to drive up to Lansing and pick up my sister from MSU, keep her at my apartment all weekend, then turn around on Sunday and drive her back. My dad didn't want her coming home this weekend, since she is moving home on Tuesday - but my mom called me and said my sister was hysterical and could I do this, and keep it from my dad. I'm not comfortable with this, but my mom pulled the effing guilt card. Oh well. I have plans of being an uber bum this weekend. School is done on Monday, I will finally have an Associates in something. I will tidy the house, finish laundry, and play video games. That is my plan. Oh and go to the hookah bar with some guy friends of mine.
    Posted by IrishDreamer[/QUOTE]

<div>I know. The Flyers were the ONE team I really didn't want to play if we made it to the next round. I pretty much hate my family/friends right now & will for the next 1-2 weeks hahaha</div>

• Options
    No weird dreams lately. 

This weekend BF and I are headed up north to atv and dirtbike.  It is going to be pretty cold, so I'm packing my Under Armour.  Hopefully we'll be having a campfire and lots of drinks Saturday night.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lovelyheatherlovelyheather member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tgif-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1a56814f-ba1e-4dd6-924a-01eaa56e95e6Post:eb90b55e-8833-45d6-9f22-2ef0003da8cc">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]RDR, Seriously... We're playing you guys next?? FUUUUUUUUUUCK. *headdesk* I have a feeling I'm going to be very drunk the next week or so. Oh well, we lasted longer than <strong>the Red Wings, who can suck it</strong>. Also <strong>Cindy Crosby can suck it as well</strong>.

Aww man, I love the Wings! But their playoff series was pretty much the suck this year. 

But Cindy Crosby can suck it!  Are you rooting for the Flyers?  After watching them kill the Penquins they are my choice for the cup (but only because the Wings are out!). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Hey ladies! We're going home this weekend for FI's bachelor party and for our last meetings with some of our wedding vendors. Also have my makeup trial on Sunday. FI is starting his bach party at a sushi place and I'm so freaking jealous. <3 sushi. I threatened to crash the party and he was like, "you can come, really." Haha.
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tgif-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1a56814f-ba1e-4dd6-924a-01eaa56e95e6Post:7269cc52-ecf7-44c4-a086-b171bf31473c">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TGIF : Aww man, I love the Wings! But their playoff series was pretty much the suck this year.  But Cindy Crosby can suck it!  <strong>Are you rooting for the Flyers</strong>?  After watching them kill the Penquins they are my choice for the cup (but only because the Wings are out!). 
    Posted by lovelyheather[/QUOTE]

YES!!!
    I am a die-hard Flyers fan. I get yelled at by all my friends for hating the Red Wings.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tgif-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1a56814f-ba1e-4dd6-924a-01eaa56e95e6Post:3ab41c97-dcb4-4530-b37b-331b865a5ff1">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TGIF : YES!!! I am a die-hard Flyers fan. I get yelled at by all my friends for hating the Red Wings.

...but....but...you live in Michigan? How can you hate the Wings?

At least you called Crosby by the correct name. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tgif-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1a56814f-ba1e-4dd6-924a-01eaa56e95e6Post:4d52aea1-37bf-4ecf-a3e9-e6bac47df36d">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TGIF : ...but....but...you live in Michigan? How can you hate the Wings? <strong>At least you called Crosby by the correct name. 
    </strong>Posted by lovelyheather[/QUOTE]

He is a whiner... I can't stand him.

Yes, I live in Michigan, but I was raised outside of Philly. I will be a Flyer, Eagle, Phillies fan until I'm dead. I am a Lions Fan, and like the Tigers -but there's something about the Red Wings that just.... BLECH. (No offense). I was watching hockey with my uncles and grandpa from the time I was born - it's ingrained in me. I can acknowledge that they are a bad asss team - doesn't mena i have to like them.

RDR - Um - I would've been happy with anyone but the Devils playing us next. This. Blows.
  • Options
    Dancer, wishing your a great opening to your show!
    Pee k, hope you feel better and I admire your work ethic.  If I just have a cold, I am usually at the job, but any nausea and I don't want to risk going in!

I am giddy about my first book club meeting with some friends tonight.  Then, we have kind of a busy Saturday with the BF's parents visiting for a breakfast, taking my daughter to a birthday party in the afternoon, then hanging with my sister in the evening.  Sunday will be our day of rest.

Sounds like a few birthday, bachelor/bachelorette parties, have fun everyone!  Remember, safety first.  ;)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tgif-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1a56814f-ba1e-4dd6-924a-01eaa56e95e6Post:f3005575-af32-4876-b649-30cade19e50c">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TGIF : He is a whiner... I can't stand him. Yes, I live in Michigan, but I was raised outside of Philly. I will be a Flyer, Eagle, Phillies fan until I'm dead. I am a Lions Fan, and like the Tigers -but there's something about the Red Wings that just.... BLECH. (No offense). I was watching hockey with my uncles and grandpa from the time I was born - it's ingrained in me. I can acknowledge that they are a bad asss team - doesn't mena i have to like them. RDR - Um - I would've been happy with anyone but the Devils playing us next. This. Blows.

Okay that makes sense.  I've been watching hockey my whole life too.  If I moved out of Michigan, I wouldn't be able to support another team.  I like that you are willing to admit other teams can be bad asss, even if you don't like them.  My bf keeps blaming the Wings loss on the fact the Helm was out.  I just keep telling him that Helm is one player, it's not like our entire 1st line was out.  And I can't deny that Nashville's goalie was amazing. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Thanks girls.  I really should just go home.  I'm still new, so I don't really have things to do all the time, especially when my boss is travelling, which he is today.  I took some tylenol when I got up this morning and it hasn't helped - I'm now due for a second dose. blarghhhhhhhhh

I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tgif-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1a56814f-ba1e-4dd6-924a-01eaa56e95e6Post:9ab4a1c3-39b3-4104-9f3d-d76342e60b32">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TGIF : Okay that makes sense.  I've been watching hockey my whole life too.  If I moved out of Michigan, I wouldn't be able to support another team.  I like that you are willing to admit other teams can be bad asss, even if you don't like them.  My bf keeps blaming the Wings loss on the fact the Helm was out.  I just keep telling him that Helm is one player, it's not like our entire 1st line was out.  And I can't deny that Nashville's goalie was amazing. 
    Posted by lovelyheather[/QUOTE]

Nashville's goalie is amazing. Hands down, phenomenal. Doesn't hurt that he is huge.

LOL. My friend, Andrew blames it on Helm as well!!
  • Options
    Feel better Pee k!

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm so glad it's Friday, this week has been pretty hectic because H and I have been working on our damn sinks all week, we're almost done.  We had granite installed Monday, and re-hooking up the sinks has been a pain because it messed up the alignment of our plumbing.  Plus we still have one more piece of granite to install because they couldn't get the old counter off on Monday, they are having to come back with a saw so they can cut it off.  I'm just so ready for our stupid kitchen to be done.

We really don't have any plans this weekend though, which is kind of nice for a change.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Peeks!  Go home.  You need to feel better.

On the hockey note I am severely disappointed in the Sharks.  But I think I will always be disappointed when it comes to play off time.  Sigh.

Weekend.  Tomorrow is my bridal shower which I am super excited about.  But then my life will be dominated by homework and wedding stuff so the shower will be fun.  Everything else won't be.  
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    Good luck with your show!
    Ive had engagement dreams before, mostly BF just proposing and the ring looking like it came out of a turn-crank machine!
    No plans for the weeking for me, though, just work. My manager had jury duty so i had to do her weekly shift AND work the weekend. BOO!
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I had a dream I was in a relationship with one of Danish Man's and I male friends.  The guy is married and Danish man and I are friends with her as well.  It was such an awkward dream.  I woke up all confused and thinking it was Saturday.

Danser break a leg!  Otherwise my weekend is dominated with getting some wedding projects done, cleaning the house and doing some paddling. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards