California-San Diego
Options

Southern California Cliff Top Wedding Venue

Help!  I've been looking and looking online for a good cliff-top venue for the ceremony and possibly the reception for around 75-100 people.  My fiance' and I would really like an ocean view, but neither one of us is crazy about getting sand everywhere in our wedding finery >_<  I checked the CA state gov site, but there are almost no pictures, and very little info to go on as far as capacity or how to get the license for the area.  We'd also really like to have the space at least mostly to ourselves, and not risk the "first come, first serve" policy that some of the state parks have, since most of our guests will be from out of town.  The wedding's not until summer 2012, so we have a while, but we'll need to travel to see these places (we live in AZ for now), and wanted to get a better sense of where to go.  Anyone have any suggestions as to where to look up this info, and good venues to focus on?  Sorry this post is so long Embarassed

Re: Southern California Cliff Top Wedding Venue

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Couvier Park is a great spot if you stick to the lower end of your guest list.  (I believe it only allows 80 people)  It is more commonly known as the "wedding bowl" and over looks La Jolla Cove.  You cannot have the reception there, but there are many great locations near by to host that if you wanted. 

There is also a newer venue called Sunset Cliff Estates.  You rent the whole house for a minimum of three days (I think) and then you can host the ceremony and reception there. 

Hope that helps!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    wendysandiegowendysandiego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cuvier Park really only holds 50 people....so it might be too small for you.

Google Sunset Cliffs and Ocean View Villas.  The Ocean View Villlas is a great place--it is on a cliff overlooking the ocean and the villas are great because you and your guests can stay there.  It fills up fast though, so check out the website and see what weekends are available.  If you rent out the entire villas, you have the whole property to yourself.

Also, many many photographers have worked there for weddings, so you could see what other people's weddings look like.  
  • Options
    bassgrl127bassgrl127 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Check out Torrey Pines State Reserve... it might be a nice site for the ceremony.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cuvier Park is permitted too far in advance and by lottery only for you to secure the date. Plus your guest count exceeds the number.
    Try Sunset Cliffs@ Luscombs point- 150 guests allowed and overlooking the sea, not in it!
    If you want waterfront and don't need sand, try Mission Bay
    http://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-recreation/general-info/bestsites.shtml#weddings
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards