New York
Options

Finding someone to officiate our wedding in Central NY

Hello everyone!
My fiance and I are getting married in Hamilton, NY (more or less it's near Albany, Syracuse, Oneonta, and Utica) in Sept of 2011. One major issue that we've had so far is finding someone to officiate our wedding!
We would prefer a non-denominational ceremony, although may settle for a JP wedding (as a last resort). The issue is that we haven't been able to find any website/resources that would direct us toward non-sketchy officiant services, and also don't cost between $300-400! Does such a thing exist? We have a pretty tight budget so we were really not looking to spend much more than $150 on this aspect of our wedding. Does anybody happen to know of any person or organization in the area that could officiate based on what I've mentioned above?
Thank you!!

Maria  Smile
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Finding someone to officiate our wedding in Central NY

• Options
    lcoreylcorey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the same problem and had no idea where to turn. I would suggest asking your venue or calling city hall for recommendations (doesn't have to be a JP). My venue actually gave us a couple of names to work with. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I would ask your venue also. I got lucky and was able to book my bffs minister who is young and also happens to be her DHs bff. Lucky lucky. We've never discussed price (I suppose we should have) so I couldnt tell ya what he'll cost. But your venue is definitely the best place to start. Sometimes other vendors will have a list of people theyve worked with as well, so they might be someone to talk to.
    HTH. GL

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    mizmastromizmastro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.reverendmichelle.com

I'm gonna go with her.  We're having a non-religious wedding and were also having trouble finding an officiant.  She has different package pricing.  I talked with her last week and she was super nice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bitofritsbitofrits member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't actually researched this, but when I looked at Traditions at the Links (banquet hall in East Syracuse, NY) I know one of the people in charge of catering (Vinny) mentioned he officiates the weddings for onsite ceremonies.  I honestly don't know if he does ceremonies offsite, but it was $200 at Traditions at the Link so maybe it's the same price if he does offsite.
    My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys! I will definitely look into all of the options you've suggested :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    charlene3369charlene3369 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i am having my aunt marry us she has done a few wedding i will have to find out if she has a website or anything like that and let you know
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards