Hawaii
Options

Have I done enough?

Hi ladies! Ok I know I mentioned in my previous post that I bought Bridemaids gifts allready but I just want to make sure I am getting enough for them!
I have four bridesmaids and paid for each of their dresses at $120 each. I also bought them each crystal earings to wear at the wedding worth $60 each. I also bought my MOH a Coach Wristlet ( $70). Do you think that's enough? We are splitting the costs of the wedding three ways with our parents so Im starting to feel the $ crunch and don't want to spend alot more, but on the other hand my bridesmaids are flying all the way to Maui for us and I want to make sure they know I really appreciate them!! Maybe I should get a few little extra things when we get to Maui? My fiance suggested to fill a little bag with chocolate covered macadamia nuts, pineaple scented candles, things like that? What do you all think? Have I done enough???
Thanks for your feedback, only 3 weeks to go!! Eeek!!;))
Lees xx
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Have I done enough?

• Options
    My *personal* opinion is that things they're expected to wear for the wedding shouldn't count as gifts (though it's awesome that you paid for them), because they're really more about the bride than about them. I love the idea of little bags with some stuff in them. We got ours some inexpensive sarongs and a beach tote (budgets suck, sometimes, don't they?) Write them some nice notes to let them know how much they mean to you!
  • Options
    SunshinyLeesSunshinyLees member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Thanks Alyson!Yes budgets do suck...I've been playing the lotto more than ever lately lol;)
    I'm not really requiring my bridesmaids to wear any particular jewellery, but I just saw these earlings and thought they would all love them! I understand that the dress is not technically a "gift" since I doubt any of the girls will wear the dress again, but I think the earings I bought they will definitely all wear again as they are just dangly clear savorski crystals. 
    But regardless, I think I'm going to do the little bag filled with Maui goodies. Having never been to Maui, where's the best place to buy all the goodies? We're staying at the Hyatt Kaanapali.Should I head into Lahaina? Any suggestions?
    Thanks, Lees xx
  • Options
    I suggest getting goodies at Longs Drugs in Lahaina. Much cheaper than buying stuff at the ABC store. Also, Front St. in Lahaina for some cool things...

For instance, the Maui Built store is a clothing store specific to Maui...personally I like Honolua, which is a chain, but named after Honolua Bay on Maui.

You can also throw in some (shortbread) cookies from Honolulu Cookie Co, which is also on Front Street, but there's also a store in Whaler's Village.

If your girls like coffee, there are great places to get coffee in Lahaina...

Hope that helps! :)
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We picked up most of our stuff in Lahaina. The Cannery Mall has both Honolua (which has some great sale racks, IMHO) and an ABC store. LOVE the Honolulu Cookie Company too. I like Big Island Candies a little better, but they don't have a shop on Maui.
  • Options

Thanks so much!! This helps alot!;)
    Lees xx

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards