Registry and Gift Forum
Options

2 Registries?

My fiance was recently in town (he is in the Air Force stationed overseas) and we began our wedding registry at Sears. We chose Sears because they have a wide variety of things (we're pretty practical and, since I already have my own apartment, we don't really NEED a lot of stuff) and we had heard good things about their registry system.
I was telling my stepmom that we did this and she suggested that we also get a registry somewhere else to give our guests more options of where to shop. Is this really necessary? We found everything we really want and/or need at Sears and I don't want to register for the same stuff twice at different stores. Is another registry really necessary? Is it worth the hassle and possibility that we end up with doubles of some things? I am confused...
Wedding isn't till Feb by the way.
Anniversary

Re: 2 Registries?

• Options
    We only registered at one place {Macys}... If people didn't normally shop there or if some reason didn't have one near them they could purchase online. We made sure to cover a variety of price ranges and just didn't feel the need for a second one.

• Options
    We registered at 3 places (BB&B, C&B, and Sears).  We had different price points at all three registries and they all got cleaned out.  We also just bought our first home and have a very large guest list (350) so it worked to our advantage.  JC Penney's isn't as huge of a chain as Macys or BB&B in terms of locations or popularity so it might not be a bad idea to add one more registry to help out your guests. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We registered at 3 places.. Crate & Barrel, Target, and BBB. Looking back we would have skipped Target since most of their stuff is found at BBB and barely anyone touched our C&B registry which was our favorite one! We kind of categorized certain things at each store.

BBB was our fine china and stemware, dining room linens, appliances, DH's grill tools, bedding and bath stuff.

Crate & Barrel was our everyday dishes, barware, lots of cooking and baking utensils, candles and accessories, and entertaining pieces.

Target was miscellaneous kitchen appliances, our vaccuum, etc..
  • Options
    We have 2 registries only to give our guest the choice as to where they want to shop. Plus we didn't put the same things on both of them so we don't have to worry about doubles.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 150 Invited
    image 16 are ready to party! image 0 missing out image134 are slow strolling
    RSVP Date: April 29
  • Options
    We registered at two different places (BB&B and Target) but we put different things on each one.  BB&B was for the majority of our kitchen and housewares stuff and Target was more for fun stuff (electronics, camping stuff, etc.)

I would say, however, that while it is common to do a registry at more than one store, it is 100% your choice.  If you found everything you need and want at Sears, then just leave it at that.  You by no means are obligated to register at more than one place.  If people don't want to shop at Sears, then they will likely just give you cash.
    Vicki & Ali - 3/5/11 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards