Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I'd like follow-ups.

Did Polichik's friend stop being such a horrific seahag about her dress?
Did bbyckes interview go well?
Did that one poster whose preacher supposedly backed out find out what happened?  Was it, in fact, race-based? 
How did babygreenbird's date go? 

I'm nosy, I guess. 

Re: I'd like follow-ups.

• Options
    Me too! Spill it ladies.
  • Options
    Me 3 SmileHope it's lots of happy news!
    Updated 1/17/11 imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I can tell you that BGB's date was not all it was cracked up to be :(
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I have a feeling Poli's BM is still being a seahag about the dress.  :(  Poli is one patient girl!
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure Poli's BM is still being a brat.
  • Options
    ohwhynotohwhynot member
    First Comment
    edited March 2010

re:  the date. 

Oh, that's too bad.  Okay, please pretend I never mentioned it.  Maybe, in time, it will be a funny story? 

• Options
    Interview went really really well!  The whole process was awesome.  I sent my thank-you notes yesterday and the told me that they would be getting back to me sometime this week.

They want to make a decision fairly soon and I was one of the last to be interviewed.  I had great command over the subject matter, offered solutions to some of the issues that faced their company and we laughed. 

I will definitely keep you posted if an offer is made.  Thanks OWN, for checking up on me, it's appreciated! :)
  • Options
    HOT DOG Capri - Awesome! 
  • Options
    ohwhynotohwhynot member
    First Comment
    edited March 2010
    Great news, Capri.  Laughing with the interviewer is a really, really good sign. 

ETA:  Oh, thanks Opalsky!  Oops - now I feel stupid - obviously, I didn't read that thread. 
  • Options
    While reading this thread I went from hopeful to crestfallen in a very short period of time.

Edit: and then back again! That's great, Capri!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options

Thanks OWN for posting this I was curious about bbyckes's interview as well. Glad to see it went well. Let us know when you get the call!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks guys!  I swear I forget how great most of the chicks are on this board!  :)
  • Options
    Thanks, Opalsky! I'll past the response from that post. Basically, it's mostly fine. No apology, but seems to understand that I'm setting limits.

"It went ok... I'm going to say 6 out of 10, if 10 would be a perfect apology. I think she realized how ridiculous she was being, so she backtracked (just like one of our lovely beebees). She didn't end up apologizing, but I'm not that surprised. In a friendly, poli sort of way, I let her know that I expected that this would be the end of the drama. I saw her last weekend, and she was on her best behavior.

FI said he'd rather talk to her himself about the comments she's been making ("joking" about how much she'd rather be with my FI than her boyfriend, etc.). I did mention to her about the way she treats her BF/my best guy friend. She seemed to listen and take it in, which is great.

It wasn't the response I would've ideally gotten, but it was enough that she seemed to realize how ridiculous she was being. Here's hoping!"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards