Ohio-Northeast
Options

How important is DJ lighting?

I'm wondering how important it is to have a DJ with the special lighting and strobe effects...I ask because one of the most recommended companies, The DJ Crew, does not use lighting at all. I though it was important, but now I'm wondering how they could be so popular and not have it.  What do you think?

Re: How important is DJ lighting?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Im not using it.  I think as long as the DJ is good and gets the party started, its not important!
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's just a fun add-on, IMO. My DJ had lighting and it was very basic, but I don't think it was necessary.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    starshine985starshine985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Although I do think it adds some fun and spunk to the party, I wouldn't say that it's "necessary".  Like pp said, it's truly just a fun add-on.  If you're asking for personal opinions, then yes, I prefer when people have the lighting.  However, I have never thought less of someone or their reception just because they didn't have the fancy lights.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using DJ Crew next month. They are great. They dont need the lighting because they themselves do such a good job with the crowd. I am a lighting person too that I just think it helps with mood and the fun. But then seeing the DJ Crew and how fun the party was without lighting made me realize that it is not needed. I have been to several without lighting> the ones without lighting were the best ones I went to because the DJ was just that great!
    Best of luck...
    If you use dj crew and you dont have a referral name to give, let them know Heather Dodson referred you! Thanks!! :)

Heather Dodson
    4-24-2010 its coming quick!!! Laughing
  • Options
    ille2010ille2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not important. But you may want to check into having some professional lighting done if it's in the budget. We're doing that. Try Shi-Shi Events. http://www.shi-shievents.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, I appreciate it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards