Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

dumb question about ringbearer and rings

Our ringbearer is 6 years old.  We do have a pillow for him to carry.  Do we put our actual weddings bands on the pillow for him to carry down the aisle?  If so, does he hand them off to someone when he reaches the groomsmen or hold onto them until the appropriate time in the ceremony??

Or . . . do we put "dummy" rings on the pillow and have the bestman hold onto the wedding bands?

Thanks for your insight!

Carrie 

Re: dumb question about ringbearer and rings

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You can do either one. We are actually still up in the air about this b/c our RB is only about 4 and a half yrs old. My FI really wants them to be on the pillow. RB will have 2 older FG's on either side, so I am hoping they can help him keep things straight. As long as you stitch them on, you should be fine that way the officiant can get them off easy without much fuss.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would put dummy rings on the pillow and give the real rings to the best man and/or MOH.  I have seen a lot of flowergirls and ring bearers not make it down the aisle, and I'd hate for you to be up there scrambling around to get the rings if that happened!
  • Options
    kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have seen too many horror stories with kids holding rings. I would put dummy rings on there, and give the real ones to the bm and the maid of honor.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP that dummy rings would be best for your own sanity on the wedding day. I would give the rings to BM or MOH or both, that way you won't have to worry about who has them and that will be one less thing to worry about.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OP, this was not a dumb question - it was actually very appropriate!  I needed to know this answer as well, and I hadn't even thought of the question yet...so thanks for asking!  Now that I'm thinking about it, I think we'll do the dummy rings.  I bought a pack of fake engagement rings from Party City that I was going to use as part of my DIY cards for my bridesmaids, so I can use one of those as my dummy ring.  Now I just need to find a fake man's wedding band, and I'll be all set! 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    abromanelloabromanello member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm torn on this too, because we've talked up to my nephew about how important he is because we can't get married without the rings, that I don't want to cheat him by putting fake rings on there!  I'm thinking of sewing them onto the pillow so they're easy to remove.  If for some reason he doesn't make it down the aisle, I'll have his dad go get the rings!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This topic came up on another board recently (can't remember which one, and can't findt he thread...) but one of the girls mentioned her FII had been a ring bearer and she asked him if he remembers whether or not he had the real rings or dummy rings and he said the only thing he remembers is that his feet hurt.  I know it is important to include the children in your life, and I'm sure they will be fine with or without the real rings.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My son was ring bearer for his cousin's wedding.  As we were getting ready I look over at maid of honor placing the rings on the pillow and said to her, "those aren't the ...real...rings, are they?" and she responded that she was tying them on really tight.  I kept my mouth shut.

It was an outdoor wedding and well, by the time my son got up there, both rings were off that pillow and the guests were combing the grass for them.  They were luckily found, but yeah...go with the fake ones on the pillow!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I used dummy rings and the best man had both rings.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards