Georgia-Atlanta
Options

WOW

So I have now had someone tell me my engagement ring isn't pretty because it's too small! I had to defend my ring and my FI because he got it for me! The nerve of some people just astound me!

This is my ring...

http://www.zales.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11026617&kpc=1

Re: WOW

• Options
    ritakellyritakelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First off I think you ring is beautiful -- I'm not sure there is much that can be done with white gold / platinum and diamonds that is ugly.
    Secondly, I would tell them that not being in debt for years and still having some savings left to start you life together with your fiance is beautiful to you. I would say that a financially responsible future husband is handsome and sexy. And lastly I would tell them that if they are that materialistic and narrow-minded then maybe they should just keep their mouth shut! :)

Also, remember that a huge diamond has never made a marriage work; but often times huge debt does tear a marriage apart! (and there is nothing beautiful about divorce.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_wow-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:564d57d8-c7cf-4f00-8fb5-1fcd753749e0Post:ae5c7463-8f7d-4dc1-9f12-723434e24abf">Re: WOW</a>:
    [QUOTE]First off I think you ring is beautiful -- I'm not sure there is much that can be done with white gold / platinum and diamonds that is ugly. Secondly, I would tell them that not being in debt for years and still having some savings left to start you life together with your fiance is beautiful to you. I would say that a financially responsible future husband is handsome and sexy. And lastly I would tell them that if they are that materialistic and narrow-minded then maybe they should just keep their mouth shut! :) Also, remember that a huge diamond has never made a marriage work; but often times huge debt does tear a marriage apart! (and there is nothing beautiful about divorce.)
    Posted by ritakelly[/QUOTE]
    Great response.  Love your ring!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I just couldn't believe they said this!

I think it's beautiful too! I love the hearts on the side! And I won't have to worry about him being in serious debt because of it!
  • Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG WE HAVE THE SAME RING!!!!!! Same engraving, size, everything!

I guess maybe you didn't notice because my pics on my bio are not that great, but it is definitely the exact same!!!!!

Wow I cannot believe someone said that to you! I haven't gotten any comments that rude (yet, perhaps), but I have had several people comment about the fact that engagement rings are "supposed" to be solitaries. Um, says WHO? My FI said he didn't want to get me a solitaire because he thought they looked plain and he knows I am not plain! That said, I am not a flashy jewelry person either, so he knew I wouldn't even want anything bigger than 1/2 a carat. 

I could not agree more with the debt issue. Starting off a marriage paying off a wedding ring or a wedding at all for that matter just does not make sense to us, especially because FI has student loans and credit card bills. 

April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    lorifrank2003lorifrank2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I THINK YOUR RING IS BEAUTIFUL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your ring is gorgeous!!!!!!  Don't let rude people get you down.  They are probably just bitter about something in their own life.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Sapphire1002Sapphire1002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    People can just be so rude and thoughtless! Ignore them.

You're ring is so pretty ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_wow-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:564d57d8-c7cf-4f00-8fb5-1fcd753749e0Post:30941445-7a0f-478c-af76-20577e4879cb">Re: WOW</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG WE HAVE THE SAME RING!!!!!! Same engraving, size, everything! I guess maybe you didn't notice because my pics on my bio are not that great, but it is definitely the exact same!!!!! Wow I cannot believe someone said that to you! I haven't gotten any comments that rude (yet, perhaps), but I have had several people comment about the fact that engagement rings are "supposed" to be solitaries. Um, says WHO? My FI said he didn't want to get me a solitaire because he thought they looked plain and he knows I am not plain! That said, I am not a flashy jewelry person either, so he knew I wouldn't even want anything bigger than 1/2 a carat.  I could not agree more with the debt issue. Starting off a marriage paying off a wedding ring or a wedding at all for that matter just does not make sense to us, especially because FI has student loans and credit card bills. 
    Posted by em01092[/QUOTE]

Isn't it gorgeous! I tried on so many rings, some bigger and some smaller but when I tried this one on and it sparkled....I wear it ALL the time and it still sparkles! Don't you LOVE the hearts on the side?! It really makes it unique and special!  I know I didn't want to start off life in debt! Marriage is hard enough without adding extra money strain.

I know i'm still in shock that so called friends would say that!!!

Thanks everyone! I feel better!
  • Options
    saorisenylsaorisenyl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your ring is beautiful, don't let them get to you.  My ring is a ring that has been in his family for years, I'm the third in the line to receive it.  It's older but beautiful to me... mostly because of the significance behind it. 

Let their comments roll off your back!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_wow-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:564d57d8-c7cf-4f00-8fb5-1fcd753749e0Post:e5b6691d-4af5-4589-aea7-594b9cb978db">Re: WOW</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WOW : Isn't it gorgeous! I tried on so many rings, some bigger and some smaller but when I tried this one on and it sparkled....I wear it ALL the time and it still sparkles! <strong>Don't you LOVE the hearts on the side?</strong>! It really makes it unique and special!  I know I didn't want to start off life in debt! Marriage is hard enough without adding extra money strain. I know i'm still in shock that so called friends would say that!!! Thanks everyone! I feel better!
    Posted by mari0225[/QUOTE]

<div>YES!!!!!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well you know some folks are materialistic morons. 

Just keep that in mind.  I had someone turn their nose up at my ring, but I couldn't care less.  My three diamonds are from three generations of women in my family: my great-great grandmother, my great-grandmother, and my grandmother.  It measures appx. 1 ctw.  It means a heck of a lot more to me than some multi-thousand dollar ring that cost the equivalent to our wedding or a down payment on a house!
  • Options
    My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some people just are miserable and need to spread negativity wherever they go. A$$clowns.
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_wow-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:564d57d8-c7cf-4f00-8fb5-1fcd753749e0Post:573d3132-bd43-4c6a-8005-998068eff3f5">Re: WOW</a>:
    [QUOTE]Some people just are miserable and need to spread negativity wherever they go. A$$clowns.
    Posted by My_Matt[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards