Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Restaurant prices $$?

I have found many different options for restaurants but I would like to know a few things if anyone is using them:

Prices they start at, do they have a terrace/lounge outside, do they have private/semi-private rooms?

Mix-Mandalay Bay
Eiffel Tower Restaurant-Paris Hotel
Mon Abi Gabi-Paris Hotel

Also, can anyone recommend any beautiful steakhouses suitable for a reception?

Thanks

Re: Restaurant prices $$?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    SW at the Wynn is our choice....its a steakhouse and has private rooms that are BEAUTIFUL...the chandeliers are what really sold me on the room...

I cant get a picture to upload to this site for the life of me...but I have the Wynn private dinning guide that they emailed me if you would like a copy! They have pictures of the different private dinning rooms in the PDF file.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sure!  Can you email it to me

encorebride at gmail dot com

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know that Mon Ami Gabi has a private room and the room minimum was $1500 when I was researching reception options.  There have their menu online... with prices at monamigabi.com.  They also have patio seating facing the strip and the bellagio fountains.   It was probably my second choice for reception, but my group got a little bit too big..and I was worried because I couldn't find a lot of reviews on private functions there. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The food and service at Mon Ami Gabi are fairly poor.  The view is spectacular however!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_restaurant-prices?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:0d961212-3409-497d-b532-1e548cf272e1Post:6507d768-e0ed-4f8d-b5b9-c61dbf59eb32">Restaurant prices $$?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have found many different options for restaurants but I would like to know a few things if anyone is using them: Prices they start at, do they have a terrace/lounge outside, do they have private/semi-private rooms? Mix-Mandalay Bay Eiffel Tower Restaurant-Paris Hotel Mon Abi Gabi-Paris Hotel Also, can anyone recommend any beautiful steakhouses suitable for a reception? Thanks
    Posted by TheEncoreBride[/QUOTE]

My FI and I are having our reception at Mix (restaurant, not lounge) .  It's views are simply incomparable; you're 64 stories up and you have the mountains out one side, the strip out the other, and there is an outdoor balcony with big half-circle booths that seat about six people, and I think there's four of them.  Mix doesn't have any private areas so unless you do a complete buy out there will be other people around.  What they do have though is that flying saucer looking thing in the middle of the restaurant raised up amongst the glass bubbles, and that area seats about what I'd guess to be maybe 15 to 20 people, so that's an option if you want a private area for that number of guests.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! Mix sounds great, I've emailed them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Email sent...sorry about my delay. I posted that right before I finally went to bed. Happy hunting!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cinegradcinegrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having our reception at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant.  They have a private room called the Salon Prive that seats up to 30 and a semi-private area out in the open restaurant that seats about 70, I think?  We've visited twice on a couple of recon trips and really liked the Salon.  There's a $300 rental charge for the room and a $3000 minimum.  I've been dealing with Erika and she's been extremely nice and accommodating.  I plan on posting reviews after our wedding (Sept. 5), but I imagine you'll have already made your decision by then. Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    cinegrad,

The "Salon Prive" is already booked on my date, she suggested the other area which is semi-private but it has no minimum's, problem is I don't know how many people will be attending. I need to get those STD's out ASAP.

PunkRockPrincess,

Thank you, they also emailed me and told me they only have the checf table that sits 14, I'm wondering if that's the one up on the flying saucer "thingie".
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OH! I didnt know they had one of those...I saw the picture of the private room and hit the ceiling...

I might have to check that out myself...we are not having more than that many people ^_^

Let me know if they send you any pictures or whatever you hear from them. I would love to know!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_restaurant-prices?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:0d961212-3409-497d-b532-1e548cf272e1Post:402c1c94-e179-44f1-bb8c-41dd9907d9eb">Re: Restaurant prices $$?</a>:
    [QUOTE]PunkRockPrincess,   Thank you, they also emailed me and told me they only have the checf table that sits 14, I'm wondering if that's the one up on the flying saucer "thingie".
    Posted by TheEncoreBride[/QUOTE]

No, the chef's table is a sectioned off area that sits between the Mix Lounge and the Mix Restaurant; it does have a door but an open ceiling and glass walls.  I didn't realize it was even 14, it's a fairly small room.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    cinegradcinegrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Encore: Yeah, we didn't really want to go with the Left Bank 'cause we figured it'd swallow up our group...which meant that they'd be putting strangers in there with us as well (unless you want to buy the section out...not an option on our budget).  Another option Erika floated to us was just sitting out in the main restaurant area.  We were prepared to do that if it came down to it, but are really happy we got to do the Salon instead.  Good luck with whatever you decide!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback on this, I'm so overwhelmed with the choices, I really love the Eiffel but I guess I have to keep looking.

Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards