Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

hair and djs

Hi I'm new to the knot!

Has anyone used Sam Hills or Jen Nally for an on-site hairstylist? I'm looking for someone that can come to me the day-of for hair. Also has anyone used partypleasers as their dj? I am looking for a dj that can also do lighting for the reception.

Re: hair and djs

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Sam Hills and was very pleased with the work he did for me, but I've recently heard of others maybe not having as great an experience...

You can see the work he did in my bio, as well as see my review.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    **hrparker** can you let me know what not so good things you've heard about sam?  I've only heard raves, and I'm about to put a deposit down on Friday.  Thanks, email is wenz2020 at aol dot com
  • Options
    schlakcaschlakca member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Hey Mr DJ and he offers lighting on the side, He was very nice and seemed to know a lot about the Djing and lighting. I am planning on doing uplight.

-Carla
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_hair-djs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:ebc16fb1-44cd-4a10-95c1-141806db51a9Post:b96edd6d-199e-404d-9b87-1a287fc78d27">Re: hair and djs</a>:
    [QUOTE]**hrparker** can you let me know what not so good things you've heard about sam?  I've only heard raves, and I'm about to put a deposit down on Friday.  Thanks, email is wenz2020 at aol dot com
    Posted by wenz2020[/QUOTE]

Hey wenz, I sent you a PM.  Just so you (and the lurkers) know, it's nothing terrible.  I've only heard one less-than-stellar review about Sam (everything else, including my own review, was full of raves), so it really was an anomoly. 

hth
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Jen Nally for hair, but haven't had my trial yet (have it next week).

For dj's, I recommend Queen City DJs.  Brad is awesome (very professional, not cheesy at all).  They do offer lighting as well.
    www.queencitydjs.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mindiosumindiosu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My BMs and I all used Jen Nally and she was amazing. If you want to see pics, here is my pictage site.
    http://www.pictage.com/619142

I definitely recommend her 100%.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I see Sam regularly for hair cuts and highlights and he always does an amazing job. He was naturally who I wanted to do my hair for the wedding, and he also did all of my bridesmaides hair and everyone loved what he did! 

Like hr said, I've only heard one negative review of Sam. But I have always heard amazing things. He won best hairstylist in Cincinnati if I remember correctly, and he also does Mayor Mallory's wife's hair. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sarah GerthSarah Gerth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards