African American Weddings

FIRST FITTING

Ok ladies....so I havent put on my dress since October when I purchased it. I went got my hair done prior to my fitting so i could see a possible style I may like. Arrived at my appointment, enjoyed every moment of trying on my gown, walking around in the salon, even snuck in a little two step just to make sure i could move.  The whole time nothing but smiles on my face. UNTIL.....I got the damn alterations bill. CAN YOU SAY WTH!!!!!! They sure know how to ruin a momemt. LOL They say the bills keep coming until you jump the broom, that was most def a shocker for me. $400 to alter my dress def put a lil damper in my day. 8.31.12 hurry up and get here!

Re: FIRST FITTING

• Oh no! That sure is alot extra. I'm not looking forward to my fitting....well, not the fitting but the bill for the final fitting.
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_first-fitting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:160af4f4-4f56-44e7-9142-207a82f7ed4fPost:a3ad5848-3d78-4403-851c-4da0c141c34e">FIRST FITTING</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok ladies....so I havent put on my dress since October when I purchased it. I went got my hair done prior to my fitting so i could see a possible style I may like. Arrived at my appointment, enjoyed every moment of trying on my gown, walking around in the salon, even snuck in a little two step just to make sure i could move.  The whole time nothing but smiles on my face. UNTIL.....I got the damn alterations bill. CAN YOU SAY WTH!!!!!! They sure know how to ruin a momemt. LOL They say the bills keep coming until you jump the broom, that was most def a shocker for me. $400 to alter my dress def put a lil damper in my day. 8.31.12 hurry up and get here!
    Posted by Misskin[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>What all are you having done? Mine is just around that, a little less. I am having the top taken in and the hips let out and the bustle. 
    <div>
    </div></div>
    Anniversary
  • I knew before the alterations how much my alterations were going to be. I still wasn't prepared for the $200 bill. I just got a hem and a bustle.
    imageAnniversary
  • I needed a Hem, Bustle and to have the chest taken in alot. I also added cups in the dress because i need my girls to sit up.
  • Yikes, that was an expensive bill..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would've slapped the sales person!..lol

Thank God the place I got my dress included alterations in the price of the dress.. and if I opted out.. they took 20% off.
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards