September 2013 Weddings
Options

Stressed out! Rant about china, linnens...tables

I think I hit the fan... I am not one of those dream of your own wedding brides in that I had an idea from the start. I'm more one of those brides, eh I'm never getting married so why pay attention to the $ side of weddings, have fun, decorating, and enjoying peoples company, etc. THEN I got engaged and everything hit....OMG $23 for table linnens that I want....maybe I don't want them....white plates...ick... OMG over $2k for the plates that I do want.... Maybe white plates aren't so bad... I'm trying to get creative with my tables but I really don't want to worry about elaborate center pieces so I thought get nicer plates and no one in my area has upgraded plates to I have to go to the next nearest city. The other frustrating thing is that I really didn't want white plates or linnens since I'm in a white dress and the rule is no one can wear white to a wedding so no one does so that means I'm going to match my tables...WTH So then I think... Upgrade the tables no linnens!!! YAY!!! WRONG...no upgraded tables in the area would have to ship them in...grr..

SO.. Any other suggestions? And no I can't take $ from elsewhere in my budget I'm already taxed since I splurged on the food, photographer, and my amazing dress;)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Stressed out! Rant about china, linnens...tables

• Options
    The one thing I did think of was seeing if brides in my area wanted to share decorations or I could pre sell them or even buy them from other brides who have the weekend before...but... No idea if this is really such a smart idea?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Keep an eye on the classified boards and craigslist for people selling thier stuff.  Also have you thought about just having colored chargers instead of replacing all of the plates?  It will really make them pop and it would infuse your color scheme also they are A LOT cheaper then replacing all of the plates.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Chargers for the plates...Michael's has a ton and they always have 50% off coupons.

Overlays or table runners for the white linens!

wedding table runner
    blue and red garden wedding. love the poms hanging from the trees and the interchanging turquoise and coral table cloths with the off white overlays.

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The first thing that popped into my mind is that you're going to have food all over the plates right?  I'd downgrade the plates and upgrade the centerpieces because the centerpieces won't be altered but the plates will.  If that makes sense.

That's just me though...
  • Options
    I might be the only one who thinks this, but I'm a fan of white linens! They are cheap and the white backdrop makes everything pop. We're doing all white tables and chair covers, with grey napkins and then pops of orange and yellow in the form of flower buds. Even our centerpieces are white candles in clear glass vases...
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Check out this site too - super cheap!

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thank you all!!  I just obviously was having a moment when I couldn't sleep and wrote this at 4 am.... crazy girl!

1. Anyways I am trolling Craigslist but oddly enough everyone's dishes they are selling are white with no pizazz...go figure. 
    2.I guess I am miffed about white because my colors are Greens, Navys, and blue greens with a light grey as my neutral and copper as my accent. I normally love white linnens but with the whole issue mentioned that the only other thing in white will be me sort of throws me. Also I'm the last of my friends getting married and when we look at their pictures they have each commented that they blended with their tables. I DO NOT want people to see/say that.
    3.I have thought of chargers in copper and I did find some at a really great price. I guess I need to figure out what I really want. I was hoping for simple center pieces so that it was easy for people to place and for me to make.  I think that I'm going to settle for white plates. Change the table cloth to a color and if I have it in the budget make runners...I wish I didn't need table cloths...grr
    4.LOVE save on crafts. I found that sight 8 years ago for my friend's wedding...life saver.

I love these table scenes..

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards