Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Song help needed

My father passed away in 2007, now that my wedding is fast approaching the topic of the father/daughter dance keeps coming up. I want to skip it because I can't imagine sharing that moment with anyone else. My mom has been pushing me to ask my uncle (he is also my Godfather) to dance with me.

I still haven't decided which way I am going to go, however if I choose to dance with my uncle I need a song. I have absolutely no idea what song to choose, the only thing I do know is that I prefer to avoid the country music genre. 

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Anniversary

Re: Song help needed

• Blessed by Christina Aguilira
    In my Life by The Beatles
    It's a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
    Turn Turn Turn by The Byrds

Listen to these see what you think... Maybe ask what he thinks it should be... Hope this helps! Smile
    Visit The Knot! White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 217 Invited...
    image 166 Got their boots on!
    image 49 Missin' out.
    image 2 are makin' us mailbox stalk!
    RSVP Date: September 1
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_song-help-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:a6f0dc77-8f5b-49e8-aefd-ead52ec49198Post:37be345d-3d9d-48d4-8e9c-3165e31d902b">Re: Song help needed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Blessed by Christina Aguilira In my Life by The Beatles It's a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong Turn Turn Turn by The Byrds Listen to these see what you think... Maybe ask what he thinks it should be... Hope this helps!
    Posted by tiffysue2012[/QUOTE]

Thank you!
    Anniversary
  • There is a song called Dance With My Father by Luther Vandross that is very touching and quite fitting for your situation. I hope I've been helpful.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_song-help-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:a6f0dc77-8f5b-49e8-aefd-ead52ec49198Post:b823bb62-8096-464c-94c7-4afa6e0b9e5a">Song help needed</a>:
    [QUOTE]My father passed away in 2007, now that my wedding is fast approaching the topic of the father/daughter dance keeps coming up. <strong>I want to skip it because I can't imagine sharing that moment with anyone else.</strong> My mom has been pushing me to ask my uncle (he is also my Godfather) to dance with me. I still haven't decided which way I am going to go, however if I choose to dance with my uncle I need a song. I have absolutely no idea what song to choose, the only thing I do know is that I prefer to avoid the country music genre.  Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Posted by BrooklynBride20[/QUOTE]

<div>I dont think you need song suggestions. Tell your mom the bolded part. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My father passed two years ago...my brother is giving me away and we are dancing to Dance with My Father Again by Luther Vandross...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards