Favors
Options

May Day Baskets---Need Suggestions!!

Hello Ladies,

My FI and I are getting married on May 1, aka May Day. We read that it used to be a tradition to surprise someone you love with a May Day Basket on this day filled with flowers or yummy treats. We would like to incorporate this into our favors by giving out little favor baskets filled with homemade goodies.

The baskets are small, and we are on a tight budget, so...what are your suggestions for something we can make that will be beautiful, delicious, and represent the tradition by being something sweet?

TIA!

~cmr4828

Re: May Day Baskets---Need Suggestions!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello Ladies,

My FI and I are getting married on May 1, aka May Day. We read that it used to be a tradition to surprise someone you love with a May Day Basket on this day filled with flowers or yummy treats. We would like to incorporate this into our favors by giving out little favor baskets filled with homemade goodies.

The baskets are small, and we are on a tight budget, so...what are your suggestions for something we can make that will be beautiful, delicious, and represent the tradition by being something sweet?

TIA!

~cmr4828
  • Options
    janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cute idea.  You could do homemade chocolates.  You can get molds for $1.99 at Michaels.  That's what we're doing and it's not going to cost much.
  • Options
    cwiltcwilt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Or, you could get some little kisses... It kind of goes with the wedding theme. I also just saw a recepie for homemade carmel that sounds amazing! I can't find it now, but you could look up a recipe on the web.
    Ummm... maybe you could make some stainglass window cookies. You make sugar cookie dough, and then melt hard candy in the middle of the sugar cookie dough  border. You could make little flowers or something. That could be cute!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards