New York-New York City
Options

Rehearsal Dinner overlooking Central Park-- reasonable?!

Ah, that combination seems like such a shot in the dark: central park + rehearsal dinner + REASONABLE! Any Knotties have recs?

I'm looking for a rehearsal dinner spot overlooking CP-- CP south/ Columbus Circle. My future in-laws are stuck on the idea of the park. Sadly, the pocket books are not.

40-50 people
$60-$70 pp including wine
private space preferred

Note: we went to Sarabeth's, which IMO is just okay for brunch and they fell in love. We went recently for dinner and were underwhelmed. Their private dining spot in the back is dark and impersonal, their jams are in every dish possible (I get it, you make jam) so all dishes seemed too sweet-- or no jam and too salty.

Any ideas? Help!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner overlooking Central Park-- reasonable?!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's not exactly overlooking the park but I believe PJ Clarke's has a private room.
  • Options
    angybanezangybanez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmmm, not sure if The Empire Hotel is something you're looking for..they have a rooftop venue and I've hosted bridal showers there. Also Rouge Tomate is right by Central Park...not a view but CP is right there and it's very popular for weddings and showers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks. My bro is actually a bouncer at Empire, but I always consider them more of a bar than dining spot. I'll talk to him.

Rouge Tomate looks great... contacting.

PJ Clarke's is a bit pricey-- $125 pp for food alone.

But I love these ideas of close to park and "NYC"-- please keep them coming!
  • Options
    snell1snell1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about Landmarc in the Time Warner Building 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Landmarc is the most reasonable in Columbus Circle actually. Prices are still a little high for us tho.

I've also looked into Angus McIndoe in Time Square area. It's our standard theater dinner spot and have a private 3rd floor with bar, bathrooms and tv. They are super nice and really reasonable and transparent on food costs there. We're hoping future in-laws bite at that. Not CP views, but broadway lights!

I'd still take suggestions from folks though to add to the list of potential! Surprised
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards