Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Cocktail hour

Ok im a young bride as well as my fiance so cocktaik hour should be a given since we have many friends attending but the wedding venue doesnt have a space for cocktail hour. What should my guest do in the mean time while were taking photos. The ceremony and reception are 2025 min away from each other.

Re: Cocktail hour

• Options
    hellebhelleb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I was at a wedding where they had the cocktail hour/reception in the same room and apparently (I was a part of the bridal party so I wasn't there) it went beautifully from what others said.  They had some hors d'oeuvres for the guests and a photo booth so they had some entertainment plus the dj.

For our wedding we are having a cocktail hour and it will be in the same general space as the reception but we are having high cocktail tables at one side of the garden (outdoor wedding).  They will be there all night for an added space.  We will also have a hors d'oeuvres that will be both stationed on a table and passed which will be in that area.  I am not worried about it having them both in one area and I think that with the extra tables it will create an added space/element to the reception.
  • Options
    Our cocktail hour was in the same room as our reception. We had passed appetizers and also a few on a table off to the side. Guests could grab a drink and some food and then sit down at their reception table and it worked wonderfully. You do need to host something while you guys are taking pictures.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    Wasn't suppose to be, but because of a hurricane our cocktail hour and reception where in the same spot.   

It worked out fine.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards