Connecticut
Options

Looking for a Venue

I am currently looking for a venue for a summer 2012 wedding.  We really would like to not spend over 120 a person including open bar.  We also would really like to have the wedding on a Saturday night.  We plan on having approximately 150 guests and would prefer to be along the coastline but we are willing to go anywhere along the coast of CT or RI.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Looking for a Venue

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our wedding on a Saturday night in July at the Carousel at Lighthouse Point in New Haven.  Our food and bar tab came to well under $120/person, BUT we brought in chairs, linens, all the glassware and plateware plus a chef's kitchen (for $200- I saw much higher quoted).  We also had to pay for the catering company's staff- waitstaff, chefs, bartenders and a driver.  La Cauisine in Branford was our caterer and our contact there was Micheal Bosco.  He and his staff did a phenomenal job!  Our wedding could not have been better.

The venue is right on the beach, allowing you to see the ocean through the wall to wall windows of the pavilion as you dine and dance.  We could not have chosen a more picturesque venue. Sabrina Bruno is the contact person for the venue.  Her number and email are both posted online.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to be having our wedding at Mystic Seaport.  Great affordable location right on the water.  I think the most expensive sit-down dinner meal was like $33 per person, the alcohol another like $16 for 2 hours of open bar (I forget what it was for each additional hour, I think $8), and then hor-d'oeurves were fairly inexpensive.  Coastal Gourmet is the owner of the restaurant/handles the catering and they are great to work with.  They have the River Room/North lawn area for indoor/outdoor ceremonies or the Boat Shed for more informal celebrations.  Both are nice because they have views of the water/are right on the water
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amarante's in New Haven, CT.  Great service and great view!

www.amarantes.com
    imageimage
    Welcome to the world, Baby W: born on 3/8/12 @ 3:49pm - 8lb 11 oz, 22 in. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely check out Mystic Seaport and see if you like it. 

Our package is around $90 or $95 per person, includes cake. We're doing open bar also but I forget if that's included in the per person. We booked so long ago, I can't remember the details. 

We reserved the River Room and North Lawn. 150 was our target but it's looking closer to 180.

Good luck!
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our wedding on a Saturday night in the summer outdoors on the water at Waters Edge in Westbrook. It was $135 a person, but we had a great package that included a lot of extras. We had the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all at the same place which was convenient for everyone and helped us save money and not have to rent limos.

Also, included in our package was our wedding cake, onsite wedding coordinator, overnight accomodations for the bride and groom, massage or facial for bride and groom at their spa, anniversary dinner the following year, open bar, all of the table linens, and champagne toast. I'm sure I'm missing things, but they did an amazing job and the setting was so beautiful. HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards