Honeymoon Discussions
Options

$2,000--$3,000 Budget Honeymoon?

Any ideas? I kept thinking there was no way we could afford any type of honeymoon, but I think if we squeeze really tightly, I could come up with $2,000--$3,000.

Things to know:

• I'd love a week-long, or at least Monday--Friday, trip.
  • My wedding isn't for a long time (this is why I'm thinking about the honeymoon NOW--so I can set aside a little each paycheck).
  • We aren't into things like climbing mountains or hiking, but we're both animal lovers. Some type of sanctuary would be awesome.
  • We're not opposed to going out of the states, but we'd both need a passport--and would this be more expensive to do than a trip in the states?
  • I'd love a cruise, but FI hates them. So that's out.
Any other questions? I'm sure I'm leaving something out. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: $2,000--$3,000 Budget Honeymoon?

• Options
    I sent you a PM!
  • Options
    One of our best vacations was yellowstone. Cheap in the off season and LOVED it. Animals everywhere and mountain backdrop at the hotel. Onl  complaint is  how much driving 8-9 hours a day. We tried to fit in everything in 5 days but  it was snowing 1 day.. Animals galore, I'm not the biggest outdoor person but the trails we went on were amazing, and the animals we saw amazeballs.
     We paid about 100 a night for a studio appt. with a 25 person hottub over looking the Teton mountains on the roof of the hotel.
    Pm if ur interested I'll send u some pics and more info
  • Options
    With a $3000 budget you could probably swing Costa Rica for a week. There are lots of National Parks and wildlife refuges there. I went to Costa Rica with my friend last year and spent way less than your budget. I have information in my travel blog on that trip here.
  • Options
    Another vote for Costa Rica. Totally doable with your budget and you'd get the best of both worlds: beautiful beaches plus beautiful rainforests with hiking, ziplining, exotic animals, volcanos, etc..
  • Options
    the broad question of 'is it more expensive to travel out of the us' cant be answered. too many variables. price out some things.

and get a passport. they're good for 10 years!! you have 1 year from it's date of issuance to change your name for free after you're married.

you have 14 months to go. that's plenty of time to start looking around at hotel prices. flights for then will be out 11 months before you travel on most airlines so use this 3 months to look around at different areas. or talk to a TA!

• Options
    If you are wanting to stay in the US I would look into Sanibel Island Florida, Charleston SC, Savannah, GA, or the Outer Banks of NC, all of which are beautiful and would be in your budget!
  • Options
    You could *definitely* afford an AI in Mexico. I did one at a beautiful hotel for about 1100 per person which includes hotel, air fare, and all your food/booze of course. That would leave a little left over for excursions and such and way under 3,000!
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Options
     I had the same budget and decided on  a week at the Valentin Imperial Maya in Mexico. For less than 2800 it included airfare, food/booze, hotel room, and 2 excursions. We will be zip lining and swimming with dolhpins in May. Can't wait.Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards