Washington
Options

Venue on Peninsula

I really want an outdoor wedding in August of 2013 on the peninsula somewhere.  I have found of couple that are interesting, but I'm not finding too many. Perhaps I just am not savvy on how to find them?  Any suggestions would be lovely and much appreciated.  
I'm crafty and pretty blunt but you can always talk to me. I'm very open to communication.

Re: Venue on Peninsula

• Options
    If the coast is doable I suggest the Judith Ann Inn in Ocean Shores!
  • Options
    We're doing ours August this year at Kitsap Memorial State Park on the Kitsap Peninsula. It was within our budget, can easily hold our 100-150 person guest list, and has both ceremony and reception area. If you want to go with them, though, you need to reserve August 1 of this year, as they book out 1 year in advance and open up reservations on a rolling basis (so if you want August of 2013, you can reserve as early as August 1 2012). Since August is a popular wedding month in Western Washington, all weekends in the month WILL fill up. But, you get the space for the entire day. We had to compromise and move our wedding to a Sunday because the Saturday we wanted was booked, but that was small potatoes to us given that we loved the venue. So far they've been nice to work with :)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington_venue-on-peninsula?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:633Discussion:f6286132-5be4-4dc5-b408-e3ea588ee56fPost:6317ec65-c9c0-497f-8590-71cce35173f8">Venue on Peninsula</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really want an outdoor wedding in August of 2013 on the peninsula somewhere.  I have found of couple that are interesting, but I'm not finding too many. Perhaps I just am not savvy on how to find them?  Any suggestions would be lovely and much appreciated.  
    Posted by thelittlesignal[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Why not elope? 
    There are SOOO many beautiful places for you & your fiance! 
    check out: 
    The Quinault Rainforest ( Thats where Im getting married next month!!! xD )
    Marymere Falls (by Lake Crescent)
    Rialto Beach
    Ruby Beach
    Falls Creek

You get the idea! Washington is a beautiful place, there are endless opportunities! Good Luck :)

Ooo also!! If you are planning on having a big wedding, try the Olympic national Park Lodges. There are 4:
    Lake Crescent
    Sold Duc Hot springs
    Lake Quinault Lodge
    Kalaloch Lodge

They all have accomidations for larger weddings & beautiful scenery! :)
  • Options
    Oh part of our problem is that we are unsure when he will be gone or not.  We're not going to be able to book a year in advance because we're not going to be able to set a specific date till next January.  Buuuut, someone told me I should start looking at campgrounds as I could probably book one of those though it will be a lot more work.  It does look like we will have to push it back to september of next year though.  
    I'm crafty and pretty blunt but you can always talk to me. I'm very open to communication.
  • Options
    I am not sure if you have a specic area you would like to have your wedding, but this is where my fiance and I were going to have our wedding. We recently decided to have it in seabeck at his parents house. But the bremerton confrence center has some anazing options and there proces are not that bad at all, especially with what is included in the price. Good luck!

http://www.kitsapconferencecenter.com/weddings-receptions.php
  • Options
    I visited the followiing places from the PP and this is my vote (in order)

#1Ruby Beach

#2Rialto Beach

#3Falls Creek
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards