New Mexico
Options

Vendor Recommendations

Reading previous posts on vendor recommendations was helpful in my wedding planning, so two weeks after my wedding, I thought I'd pass on my experiences! I also go into more detail on a lot of these vendors on my wedding blog if you want more info: www.albuquerquebride.wordpress.com

RECEPTION VENUE: Hyatt Regency Downtown.  The Hyatt was incredible to work with and I had no need to bring in an additional coordinator because Melita took care of everything and the entire staff went out of their way to make my reception spectacular. The food, service, customization options, and ballroom space were all perfect.

CAKE: Say It With Cake.  The prices are unbeatable, the cake was very, very tasty, and the cake looked exactly like the picture I brought in.  Birdie, the owner/decorator was very sweet.

PHOTOGRAPHER: Dry Heat Photography.  DeAnna Demmitt shot our engagement, bridal, and wedding photos and I am completely satisfied with each session.  DeAnna is very laid back, and she has a great eye for capturing the perfect shot.  Their pictures are unique and artistic without being too stylized. Plus, they give you your pictures on an iPod!

DJ: Carousel of Music.  Jim Gross actually did our ceremony, played acoustic guitar during dinner, and was our dance DJ.  Our guests couldn't compliment him enough.  He is a great guy, very professional, and he is one of those DJ's who never causes an empty dance floor or plays a song that everyone hates.

FLOWERS: Something Special with Flowers: Christine is a floral artist, and she can take your idea and interpret it in a way you wouldn't imagine.  Our bouquets were the most gorgeous things I have ever seen.

LINEN RENTALS: Classic Party Rentals.  They have just about anything you could want (linens, flatware, furniture) and the staff is very helpful. NOTE: they do not specialize in hotel/banquet type weddings and they won't set up linens for you.  They are better for tented or outdoor weddings.

DRESSES: (wedding and bridesmaids): Demetrios.  They have a huge selection of wedding gowns and carry 5 different brands of bridesmaid dresses. I had no problems with them, and Dorothy the seamstress was great!

TUXES: Suits Unlimited.  Great experience, great selection, great customer service, and the owner is very sweet.

RESOURCE: Aside from theknot.com, check out stylemepretty.com which features the most incredible weddings to steal ideas from.

Re: Vendor Recommendations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting this! I am getting married in Santa Fe 7/3 and planning from Texas isn't easy! Would you mind emailing me pics of your flowers? I would love to see them as I stil haven't setup my florist. Thanks!!!
  • Options
    achambelachambel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only pictures I have of the flowers are from the professional photographer, and I don't have the digital copies yet.  You can see them at www.pictage.com/619611. Christine is wonderful, but I would suggest being VERY clear about what you want.  She is a floral DESIGNER, and some of my arrangments took a little too much of an artistic license for my taste.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards