Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Cake Jewelry?

I am trying to brainstorm ideas for our cake. I really love the idea of having a simple cake with a ribbon, and then a brooch to add a little sparkle. To give you an idea, here is the cake shape I like:

Minus the cake topper, and where the little "decal" type things are I'd have something like this:

http://tinyurl.com/yehzc2y

Any idea on how I should do this? Well, obviously I could buy those brooches, but I'm wondering how they'd be able to stay put? I'm sure other people have done his and discovered a way, or there has got to be some site that sells "cake jewelry" or something, right?

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

Re: Cake Jewelry?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    With the brooches that you like a lot of time it is easier to order one (check the return policy first and make sure you can return it if you need to!) and bring the brooch to your baker and ask them if they know a way to add this to your cake!  If one of my brides came to me I would play with the idea by testing it BUT as long as the brooch itself is not too heavy then the baker should beable to just stick it into the buttercream and it will hold!  Buttercream is pretty much like edible glue! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked out etsy.com? They have great stuff!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Will buttercream hold brooch? My baker does not want to add brooches to the cake.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards