August 2013 Weddings
Options

Photographer questions

Hi we're meeting with a photographer today and I have no ideas on what questions we should ask. I do know that we want a package that includes actual pictures and we want at least 8 hours coverage. Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photographer questions

• Options
    Xstatic3333Xstatic3333 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Something important to me was knowing what the "backup" plan would be in the event the photographer had an emergency. We also wanted to know the turnaround time for our proofs; the two we interviewed were very different on this. Some photographers include more postediting like Photoshopping blemishes than others, which affects both time and cost. My dad is a photographer so he came with me on the interviews and asked them about their favorite lens and if they carry spare cameras. Most of all I would make sure you like their sample work, that it's your style, and that you like them as a PERSON enough to spend your wedding day with them! For us, likeability ended up the deciding factor. Good luck!
  • Options
    We found a really great worksheet on Martha Stewart's weddings website with all of the questions to ask a photographer.  It literally covered everything and was super helpful, because we also didn't know where to start.
  • Options

1. Do they offer the coverage you want
    2. Are they willing to travel to your wedding.
    3. Their time of arrival & departure on the wedding day
    4. The average amount of photos they take for a wedding
    5. Do they accept a "must take" list
    6. Will they travel to multiple locations
    7.When you can expect to get your pictures after the wedding
    8. Will you have full rights to your photos?
    9. What packages do you offer?
    10. How many weddings have you shot?

More importantly though do you and your finace feel comftable with with him/her?
    Did they come prepared to your meeting? (Bring a portfolio for you to review)

• Options
    Thanks for all the great questions that I got from you all. They were very helpful and the meeting went very well. The photographer was a really nice guy who does exceptional work. My soon to be sister in law had him at her wedding and we were very impressed! So we hired him as well and I'm really excited! That's another check!! Lots more to go.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on finding your photog!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards