North Carolina-Outer Banks

Flowers?!?!

I had originally planned on contacted Harris Teeter, but with all the bad reviews coming in, I'm very hesitant now. Any other florists that are highly recommended, but won't break the bank? My budget for our wedding has gone down significantly, so I'm trying to cut costs where I can.

Thanks for any input :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Flowers?!?!

• Have you tried Jinny at Every Blooming Thing? She is on Hatteras Island but does weddings up the beach too. I'm not sure where you are getting married.  She is a member of the wedding association. She worked with my event designer/planner on the perfect centerpieces, etc.! i hope that helps :)
  • I ordered from Fiftyflowers.com and was very pleased.  If you have time to DIY, it's a good option!
    image June 22, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_flowers-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:c786e3d1-3158-4278-9ebe-1e64683e6662Post:dec00686-5228-4548-b7d8-e0f6a03faf73">Re: Flowers?!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I ordered from Fiftyflowers.com and was very pleased.  If you have time to DIY, it's a good option!
    Posted by jendem8[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I had been looking at fiftyflowers.com. Wasn't sure how well I would do on the diy aspect. Now that we are using a venue as opposed to doing an event home, idk how they would be with that.. Something I definitely will have to look into.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Gotcha.  We made centerpieces and decor (I didn't do the bouquets) at the rental and drove them over to our venue on the morning of the wedding.  It was a lot of work but definitely saved some cash.
    image June 22, 2012
  • We just had our wedding last weekend and used Maggi from Harris Teeter and had no problems. She contacted me a few times, I met with her at Harris Teeter and she delivered everything I asked for. I was also hesitant to use her with the bad reviews, but she did a great job for us. I wonder if maybe there were issues with her during the busy season and she took on way too much maybe?

• My sister used Every Blooming Thing. She was very happy with them and I will be using her for my wedding also.
  • I strongly suggest Shirley from Sugar Snaps, her prices are very reasonable, and she was fantastic to work with. We did our centerpieces ourselves, they were very simple ones.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're doing our centerpieces ourselves, buying from FiftyFlowers most likely. For our bouquets we are using Shirley from Sugar Snaps. I'm meeting her at the end of the month, so I'll have more to share then. However, she's been great so far!
  • Shirley from Sugar Snaps Events did the flowers and decorations for my daughter's wedding. Amazing, outstanding, beautiful work!!
  • rebecca2929rebecca2929 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    I used Holly Hall with I Do Florals.  She was great to work with...she answered every question I had and was very reasonably priced.  I did my own centerpieces but ordered the lose flowers from her as well.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards