Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

A smart thing to do on your wedding day

Reading BP's weather post made me remember this and I wanted to share with you guys..  My best word of advice for your wedding day:

Make a list of all of your vendors, their contact info, important details etc.  Give this list to your MOH or another bridesmaid you trust to be organized and in charge.  Give your CELL PHONE to this same person.  Put them in charge of all communication the morning of the wedding.  This really came in handy for me when our limo broke down.. No one had to ask me anything, the girl I had put in charge had the list, called the limo company, etc and we worked things out.  The last thing you want is people coming to you asking you a zillion questions because no one else knows the answers.  

Re: A smart thing to do on your wedding day

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Really good advice! Thanks ooodsie!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    VERY good tip and advice. I love hearing this from recent brides - thanks oods!

Did you have a DOC?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is a great idea, first time I read it in my 20490566 still unmarried years on the knot.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL - NCV - you'll be married before you know it ;)

Steiff - I did not have a DOC.  My venue is very good with organization so I knew they'd be on the ball with coordinating the florist/band etc (consquently they were awesome with that).    I had a good friend of mine who was not a bridesmaid get to the church early tell people where to go, what to do, and shut the door behind me as I walked down the aisle :)  

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Very good. I've been contemplating this more & more as the wedding gets closer, so I'm glad to hear that helped things run smoothly.
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

THAT is an awesome idea.

My MOH is so much more levelheaded then I am.  She can totally handle it.

Thanks Oods!

Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    jessica0602jessica0602 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    also give a copy of these lists to both sets of parents, just in case.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I e-mailed said list to the whole brideal party day-of and gave all our important vendors our best man's phone number just in case.  Came in handy, as our florist ran a bit late; she and best man got in touch very easily, though, and it all worked out just fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards