New Hampshire

I'm Married!! Vendor reviews and PIP (heavy)

Hi Ladies!

June 15th was the big day and everything was just perfect including the weather! I thought I would do a review of all my vendors and show you all some pics!

125 Bridal- A+ Briana was my consultant is she was absolutely amazing. I knew exactly what I wanted to when I described it to her she knew just the dress for me. The first one I put on (at this store, went to DB too) was the one! It was exactly what I had pictured in my mind. I did try on others just to be sure but I knew the first one was my dress. It came in earlier than expected and there was not a thing wrong with it!

Dress making by Dolly - A++ I used Dolly for my alterations because I heard so many wonderful things about her one TK. My dress needed to be taken in quite a bit in the chest area and it gave Dolly a run for her money. I ended up having 7 dress fittings and was getting a little discouraged after my dress still not fitting time after time but in the end she came through and refused to let me leave without being 100% happy. I will be using her again for sure! oh and she is WAY underpriced IMHO.

The Ultimate- A The BM dresses were purchased here and I couldn't have been more happy with them. I ended up going with something totally different than I was imagining but it was just the perfect dress! The staff was very helpful, a little unorganized at times but that's because it was prom season! DO NOT GO DURING PROM SEASON... it was a zoo! Dresses came in on time and everything was correct!

Shoes to Dye for- A+ My BM's and I all purchased our shoes from Shoes to Dye for in Natick, MA. We also had them dye them for us. They took great care of us and were extremely helpful making sure our shoes would be the perfect fit and the perfect color!

Men's Warehouse- C- We used the store in Burlington, MA and NEVER again will I use them. I was beside myself that I had to choose a tux off of a manican (SP?)  and choose the vest and tie from a kid's sized tie and half a vest. The staff was rude and unorganized. I had every person with me who needed a tux except for my father. H's father originally put down just a deposit then a couple of weeks before the wedding went and paid for it in full, then a week before the wedding they call me to say he hasn't been measured yet... umm... yes he was! and how do you let someone pay for a tux when his measurements aren't in the computer! The day we picked them out I left the style choices for my Dad... well turned out that they let him pick out his own (he went with purple... my wedding was pink= gross!!) and I only figured it out because H's Dad got the wrong tie! So I called my Dad to ask him what he had. Luckily this all happened on Wednesday (we got Married on Friday) so they were able to reorder the wrong items and had them in store the morning of.

Brookstone Park- A++ AMAZING! Alex and his staff did a fabulous good setting everything up and keeping us on our scheduled time. I had guests showing up over an hour early... the staff ended up corralling the guests into the ballroom and drawing the blinds so H and I could do our first look photos. I only saw Alex a couple of time throughout the night but Erin waited on us hand and foot. She made sure everything was perfect and that we were happy. She let us know when our food arrived to the table (even gave H an extra piece of prime rib!) she also gave us champange for our toast, that we didn't pay for, she came to get me when it was time for the cake cutting and bouquet toss (and even had my toss bouquet to hand me!) oh and I also forgot a vendor meal and they made sure that he was fed! phew! I truly cannot say enough about Brookstone and its staff.. they were amazing!

DJ Dave Lynch- A+ He was fantastic to work with. He helped a ton with song choices and was just there for us every step of the way. He was nothing sort of amazing! His prices were great! he did both our ceremony and reception! During the reception he surprised us with "the newlywed game" and it turned out to be one of the best parts of the night.

Kristie Lemire Photography- A Kristie did our engagement photos back in October. They were great but I didn't feel like I got the quanity I was hoping for. She offered to do them again which was great, but we decided not too because honestly there were plenty of great ones. I haven't seen any sneak peak pics yet so I have no idea how they turned out yet. Her personality is just amazing and the majority of the reason we went with her, in addition, her prices were great. My only concern is that I truthfully feel like we didn't take enough pictures day of or take any of the quirky/fun ones that I would love to have. However, I will take part of the blame for that because even though I told her I like the fun pics I didn't show her any must take photos!

Sea Coast Events- A+ Scott was great! He did our uplighting and it was absolutely stunning. The price was a little steep for lights but it was the cheapest I found. I had only spoken to Scott by email but everything went smoothly. He was at the venue setting up before I even got there and hung around the whole night (he was the vendor meal I forgot, I didn't realize he would be staying... I thought it was a set up and leave kind of thing...whoops!)

Fresh Water Farms- B+ When I first set up my flowers a while back I worked with Dan but then over the course of the months he apparently stopped working for them. I would say about a month before my wedding I started emailing to touch base and was getting no response, that's how I learned that he was no longer there. I wish that they had contacted me to let me know who would be handling my wedding now and who I could contact if I had any questions. Once I learned who my new contact person was she was really into my vision for the day and we ended up changing my flowers a week before my wedding because what I was originally promised was all wrong color wise!!  They added in an extra ceremony arrangement that I didn't pay for so that was great but the reason for the B+ is because some of the vases on the tables weren't filled all the way with water so the floating candle was sitting on the flowers. Also because my bouquet was supposed to have peonies in it.. it had 1, and it was supposed to be completely round with no raised flowers and it had raised flowers. Also, the BM bouquets were supposed to be a cluster of just carnations, it ended up having roses in it too along with the fact that it was supposed to also be completely round, no raised flowers and they had raised flowers. Everything was still beautiful so it all worked out in the end.

Jacques Pastires- A+ So easy to work with, the cake was exactly the same as the picture they were given and it was unbelievable! I got so many compliments on how beautiful the cake was and how delicious it was!

Atkinson Country Club- A+ we held our rehearsal dinner here. Unbelievable! the food was delicious. And the amount of food you were given was huge!! Their presentation was amazing they even customized menu's with our names on them, I thought it was really cute!

Salon Karma- A+ both our hairstylist and make-up artist were fantastic. They finished with us an hour early! I was so worried about being late! Everything went great and they made sure we were completely happy before leaving. Anything we wanted fixed or touched up was no problem at all.

Lynette's Limo- A+ great price, great service. Easy to work with! I will definitely use them again.

Now for the pictures!!! (these are all guest photos)

Re: I'm Married!! Vendor reviews and PIP (heavy)

• Congrats! Everything looks great. Did you buy linens or rent them? I am also getting married at brookstone .
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • In Response to Re:I'm Married!! Vendor reviews and PIP heavy:[QUOTE]Congrats! Everything looks great. Did you buy linens or rent them? I am also getting married at brookstone . Posted by shannie11[/QUOTE]

Good choice with Brookstone! As for the linens... I bought them from linentablecloth.com they were organza overlays and kind of a pain in the butt to get the wrinkles out... But totally worth it!
  • Love all of the pictures, and glad everything went great on your wedding day! Thanks for the reviews, we've picked some of the vendors already (our wedding is next June) but it's good to get an idea for the other once (like the cake and the flowers, haven't picked those yet). Did you guys do a honeymoon?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_im-married-vendor-reviews-and-pip-heavy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:0b735eca-9a92-42aa-b331-d6cc3faf0defPost:a70ed581-4069-43cc-81bd-065557b38bb4">Re: I'm Married!! Vendor reviews and PIP (heavy)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Love all of the pictures, and glad everything went great on your wedding day! Thanks for the reviews, we've picked some of the vendors already (our wedding is next June) but it's good to get an idea for the other once (like the cake and the flowers, haven't picked those yet). Did you guys do a honeymoon?
    Posted by anastassiiat[/QUOTE]

Thank you!! Yes, we went to Secrets St. James in Montego Bay, Jamaica. We had a great time!! It started out rough.. it was pouring and the food was gross but as the days went on everything just kept getting better and better. I would definitely go back to Jamaica but I would try another resort. Don't get me wrong, we loved it but I wasn't in love with it. LOL
  • Did you go with the 60 inch or the 72 inch round?  72 would probably be better right?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_im-married-vendor-reviews-and-pip-heavy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:0b735eca-9a92-42aa-b331-d6cc3faf0defPost:79e35536-f8f4-46e2-8af5-2956084fe8d1">Re: I'm Married!! Vendor reviews and PIP (heavy)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you go with the 60 inch or the 72 inch round?  72 would probably be better right?
    Posted by shannie11[/QUOTE]

I actually used the 85" square overlays (which they no longer sell) because that's the size Alex told me their overlays were.... they fit perfectly! I used the 72" square of the sweetheart table which again is the size Alex told me their's is but I think it might have been a little big because they bunched it up in the middle... but it was okay because I actually loved the way it looked!
  • Hoooray! Congrats! Everything looks amazing!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards