Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Skipping the Bridal Shower?

I have a very small group of close girlfriends and female family members.  I come up with about ten people I would invite to a shower. I'm thinking because the group is so small and don't all know each other well that I would skip all together.  Do you think it's ok not to have one??

Re: Skipping the Bridal Shower?

• Options

You don't even have to worry about it unless someone offers to host a shower for you and asks for your input, and if they do it can be whatever you want.  It's fine to skip it.  It's fine for it to be a small gathering.  It's also fine for it to be a "couples" shower where instead of it being just ladies, guests can attend as couples and bring "manly" type gifts like tool sets for the groom in addition to kitchen/registry type items for the bride.

Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    DItto PP. You shouldn't plan your own shower so it's not up to you to decide if you're having one or not or who to invite.  DOn't worry yourself over this.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2012

Like the girls said, you don't plan your shower so you don't need to worry about this BUT for the record, I think a small shower would still be fun!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I've told all my friends I don't want a shower. If guests choose to bring a gift to the wedding then that's great. But I really just rather have them come and enjoy the celebration.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Our wedding date is June 2, 2012

104 invited 77 accepted! 27 can't make it Finally tracked down the procrastinators!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards