August 2012 Weddings
Options

When to Register

How far in advance are you supposed to register for gifts? Thanks in advance! 

Re: When to Register

• Options
    colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    UmmM I would do it a fews weeks before your first bridal shower, so that guests for that can shop.  And if you have to update it later on closer to the wedding you can sure do that! :)
  • Options
    my fiance and i started ours about a month after we got engaged.  my family always asks what we want for bdays/christmas/engagement party etc, so we figured this was an easy way to start gethering things we NEED for our life together.  We add to it every so often to make sure there are enough options =)

if you're opposed to starting early, i'd at least make sure you give your guests about a month to shop before any shower/wedding date.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_register?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:8e6e025b-4936-49cc-8080-f38bf90f9740Post:137f03ea-41d7-44a7-9673-4c44bf2c291c">Re: When to Register</a>:
    [QUOTE]UmmM I would do it a fews weeks before your first bridal shower, so that guests for that can shop.  And if you have to update it later on closer to the wedding you can sure do that! :)
    Posted by colstj1[/QUOTE]

I agree. I think it's probably the best way to get some of the seasonal items on the list. :)

Dang hard to wait that long though LOL
    image 223 Invited
    image 127 Wouldn't miss it
    image 64 Passed on the fun
    image 32 Still undecided
    RSVP Date: August 1, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards