Plus-Sized
Options

Dallas

Anyone in the Dallas Area?  I could really use some advice.  I'm going to do my dress shopping in a couple of weeks and scared shitless.  LOL  Does anyone have any advice as to the bettre places that carry plus sizes?  This is what I have booked.  Pure Luxe Bridal in Allen.  Terry Costa in Dallas.  Brides by Demetrios in Frisco.  All on one weekend.  I'm doing the Terry Costa because there's a Maggie trunk show that weekend and might be able to get a dress with a duscount.  All of my bridesmaids are coming in frm out of town so that weekend is a must.  

I've heard of Circle Park but have seen mixed reviews.  

Anyone else out there with suggestions?  They would be most appreciated.

Re: Dallas

• Options
    RaptorSLHRaptorSLH member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I had marvelous luck at an Alfred Angelo signature store, and you are located within easy reach of no fewer than three - in Arlington, Garland, and Frisco.  Lucky you!  Almost all of the AA collection goes up to a size 28 or 30, including their Twilight and Princess Kate replicas, and their Disney Princess collection.  Their bridesmaid dresses come in a similarly wide range of sizes, and a consistently full range of colors.
    http://www.alfredangelo.com/company/homepage.aspx 

There are David's Bridals located in Dallas, Mesquite, and Arlington, but service can be hit-or-miss at DB.  If you go, bring along at least one family member or close friend who will be willing to help you find dresses and take them on/off, and be mentally prepared to resist high-pressure sales tactics they may try.  The trade-off is that David's Bridal offers more bargain-priced dresses.  So if you're willing to trade cost for service, they're well worth a try.

You can stop being scared shitless now - you have options ;-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What about the bridal salon in Dallas that was a part of TLC or WE TV for brides in Texas?  For the life of me I can't remember the name.
  • Options
    I got my dress at David's Bridal. I was going to go to Anonymously Yours. It is off of 75 and Forest. My friend that got married this past November got her dress there.

Here is the link http://www.ayresale.com/
  • Options
    Circle Park was great when I went.  They have a nice selection.  The WE TV brides one is StarDust in Plano, I think.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards