Rhode Island
Options

In Love with Linden Place

Ok, so I really love Linden Place but they are pretty expensive for me. Are they sticklers on price? Is there any room to negotiate? Even an off season Sunday wedding is more than I wanted to spend. Has anyone just had a ceremony there? How did that work out? I was thinking having the ceremony there and the reception elsewhere to save some money but I don't know what the "best deal" would be. Should I shell out the money for a venue location that I LOVE? I not getting married until 2013 and I don't have a date set in pen, so I'm pretty much open to any date that I can afford, LOL.

Re: In Love with Linden Place

• Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm. I looked at Linden Place- but didnt end up booking there. I didn't find there was much room in the venue negoiations. You might want to say something like "we are really interested in the venue-- but it seems that its just a bit out of our budget, is there any kind of discount you can offer"... if you are comfortable doing that.

I asked some vendors if they offered a military or veteran discount- and alsmot all did not.. but it was worth asking for (because we surprisingly get discounts on random stuff all the time). So I don't know if you will have any luck.. however, they might offer to do somehting like the ceremony area for free- or add an extra half hour to the contract.

I would think negoiating would only really work if you were booking a Fri night or Sun in the off season when they are REALLY looking to get someone in there-because RI isnt that big and a lot of the most popular venues book up so fast-- that they don't really need your business-- if you get what I mean.. some other bride will just come behind you and book... which is what makes the prices sooo expensive and the competition for dates so harsh.

Perhaps its worth splurging if you love it, and trying to cut $500- or $1000 off your catering by cutting things off your menu, or bar service, or what not-- saving a few hundred on a photogrpaher (which I find is the most negoitable vendor), etc. Save in other areas to make up the difference
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards