New Jersey
Options

Maitre'd left venue...

I just received the news that my maitre'd left our venue. Granted I still have a year and a half until wedding day, but I loved our maitre'd so much. He was one of the reasons my FI and I booked our venue! Has this happened to anyone? What advice can you give going forward? I'm so bummed. I know it's not the end of the world, but I'm now worried that it will happen again.

Re: Maitre'd left venue...

• Options
    I had this same exact issue, in about the same time frame. I was really peeved bc a BIG reason why we booked our venue was bc we felt comfortable with him. My venue didn't notify me until after I called 4 months following his resignation and they casually mentioned it.

I pretty much got told to chill out by everyone when I posted on here about it. As upset as I was about it at the time, I am now only a few months away from the wedding and I am feeling ok about it.

My suggestion would be to call and make an appointment to meet with the new maitre'd. Doing this really put my mind at ease about the day. The owner actually was on site the day of our appointment and met with us too, assuring us that the new maitre'd was spot on. Of course he was going to say that regardless, but it still made me feel better.

If you have any questions about vendor recommendations or the flow of the day, etc.- call the new maitre'd as well. He has been the best go-to guy for me and helped me to find a band/florist that worked well... and they were not even on the 'recommended vendor' list from the venue.

I hope this helps!! Good luck, and don't worry!!!

• Options
    LauraBell1020LauraBell1020 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Thank you so much. Hearing that from another bride is so reassuring!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards