Washington-Seattle

wedding cake under $400?

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a wedding cake for around 150 guests. I'd like to keep it under $400 but everything I have found so far is so expensive! Any suggestions on where to go?

Thanks!

Re: wedding cake under $400?

• edited December 2011
    The person I'm using is wayyyyyy less than 400. Cake girl is Melinda obrien. COmpany is called captivating creations. Very sweet girl!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! I just checked out her website and her pricing says $3/serving. Which for 150 people is over $400...Did she give you a special deal?
  • mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cake vendor is Kelli's Creations, and she was able to work with our budget (also less than $400). 

Her site:  www.kelliscakecreations.com
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • mrsarmbrustermrsarmbruster member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy Cakes out of Everett - tastes GREAT and she is really easy to work with. Look her up!
  • edited December 2011
    Kelli is wonderful to work with. It might be worth it to meet with her and see what she could do for you.

Another option is Renton Technical College. They do cakes and I think they are lower priced.....or Safeway too.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Try Hoffman's Fine Pastries in Kirkland. I think they're under $400.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

go for kelli--she'll work with your budget.

♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Reilly2BeReilly2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just an FYI, I've had one of Captivating Creations cakes at a wedding. It's the turquoise one with hot pink flowers on the website. Definitely not one of the best cakes I've had (very dry). I hate saying that especially since I'm good friends with the owner's brother-in-law. For the price I recommend using someone else.  We're using Mike's Amazing Cakes and for a cake serving 200 people we're paying under $400.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Kelli! She's doing three cakes for us!! And those three all together were less than just one wedding cake other bakers were charging. Plus her cakes are DELICIOUS!!!
  • edited December 2011

Top Foods has really good prices, but they might not be as fancy as you want. H and I were very happy with ours though and it was soooooooo yummy.

Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards