Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Italy wedding planner?

hello all...this is my first post.  I'm planning a wedding in Cortona (Tuscany) Italy in September of 2009.  I'm working with wedding planner, Ben Singleton of italyweddings.com and I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of this guy.  I googled him and found a clip of him featured on the travel channel, but I can't seem to find much for reviews.  There are reviews (but on his website).  He seems perfect and always emails me back almost immediately with questions I ask.  however, I've asked him for the name and a website for the villa where we are staying/getting married and he hasn't returned my e-mail. This doesn't seem to be a fluke since I've sent this question at least 3 times with no reply.  I've e-mailed him about other things and he gets back to me immediately.  Just seems sketchy to me!Thanks for any help!

Re: Italy wedding planner?

• Options
    Hi... I am considering using Ben Singleton as well... Did you decide to go forward with him? thanks!
  • Options
    I am getting married in Capri in May 2010 and am using the services of Sugokuii Luxury Events and Weddings in Capri - so far I am really impressed with them and how detailed they are. I think they do weddings in some other cities in Italy as well, not sure.
  • Options
    Sorry, no help here!
    imageimage
  • Options
    sjavedsjaved member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012

Looking for a wedding planner in Italy is not an easy thing to do...make sure you do your homework. We live in New York and recently got married in Italy and the biggest headache we had was the wedding planner. We used Ben Singleton from Italy Weddings as our planner and he was the antithesis of what the wedding planner should be.

We used Ben as a recommendation from some friends that had used him a few years back. I think the success has gotten to his head as he was awful in everyway. He was obnoxious, rude and had no interest in listening to what we had to say. 

He is primarily only concerned about his vendors, doing things HIS way and then to bleed you for as much money as he can.  Given the timing of the wedding we were at a crossroad whether we should cut him loose before the wedding and now I wish we had. We ended up limiting the things we wanted him to do because he was being so difficult and even then he managed to get them wrong or I would say in some cases deliberately jeopardised them because we didnt do it his way. His wife was incharge of decoration, again we agreed everything on email but she did not follow what we had agreed. We chose not to use him to officiate our wedding so he decided to be extremely rude to our very sweet celebrants, they were so deeply offended they wrote us a long email after the wedding to explain all the things that he had done and said to them.  He offered no assistance in the way of wedding planning and on the day he approached us numerous times to ask us silly questions, as the wedding planner he should have taken care of these things rather than interrupting our day.  Hope this helps to provide some color. I would definitely advise taking time to find the right wedding planner if you definitely feel you need one. In hindsight the caterers carry out most of what you need so I would probably have gone without. Planning a destination wedding is stressful enough but when the wedding planner is the one causing the stress something is definitely wrong!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards