Ohio-Columbus
Options

Photographer Recommendations?

Hi. We are looking for a photographer either in the Columbus or Northeast Ohio area (wedding is in Fairlawn, we live in Columbus).  The wedding is in June and outside and the reception is inside.
Any reccomendations?? I would love to have 2 photographers, unlimited locations, and at least 8 hours. We also want the rights to our pictures. Our budget is kinda low, I'd like to stay at $2000 or lower. But, like the rings, I know the pics will last forever.
Thanks!

Re: Photographer Recommendations?

• Options
    fallbride'10fallbride'10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.mariewhitephotography.com. Amanda is great and reasonably priced. I loved our pictures...we just went with her cheapest package which was $1450 which includes an album and the rights to all your pics. It's all day coverage with 2 photographers. If you want to see our album proof let me know and I'll PM you the password to see it on the website. The albums she does are really awesome and creative. She was definitely my favorite vendor to work with!! Good luck with your decision!
    November 12, 2010 imageMy Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using DM Studio2 Photography. Our wedding isn't until next May but our engagement pictures turned out great! I just checked out their website for pricing, and it looks like their prices have gone up, but they are still within your budget. They also have really great communication (which was important to me because I'm planning from out of town). Check out their blog/website. Good luck!
  • Options
    sherise40sherise40 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photographer is Brian Jones. He is based out of my hometown but does Wedding all over the country. He is only one person but he does amazing amazing work.
    Here is his weblink the pictures speak for themselves.
    http://www.idreamimages.com/
    He is totally in your price range and it better then any photographer I met in Columbus. My opinion of course.
    -Sherise Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you should search the columbus board for vendor reviews (recently married ladies) or photographer questions similar to yours. i'm certain you'll find some good recommendations.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are using Matthews Wedding Photography. A husband /wife team that are awesome! They are upbeat and fun, which is what we were looking for! I know they travel if needed. Their prices can't be beat! You really ought to check them out!  www.matthewsphoto.net Good Luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_photographer-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:3ff6c91f-ab2c-459f-a675-a346aaa35444Post:12f5c3c2-a6e0-4a36-b29c-b77a36dbe59c">Re: Photographer Recommendations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are using DM Studio2 Photography. Our wedding isn't until next May but our engagement pictures turned out great! I just checked out their website for pricing, and it looks like their prices have gone up, but they are still within your budget. They also have really great communication (which was important to me because I'm planning from out of town). Check out their blog/website. Good luck!
    Posted by buckeyesweetz[/QUOTE]

I second DM Studio2! Chad and Brandon have been great to work with. They're fun and imaginative, easy to communicate with, and their pricing was great for what we got. We loved our e-pics and we're excited to have them do our wedding in the spring! Definitely check them out.
    kissing

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP: 10/26/11 EDD: 6/28/12

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Krista Piper Photography. We get two photographers for the entire day! She is super sweet and her work is very nice and she is priced very well! Good luck!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going with Inlux Photography and they're based out of Canton.  They're a long time boyfriend and girlfriend duo and they're work is fantastic.  They're $500 over your budget, but they have everything that you're looking for as far as 8 hours coverage time, 2 photographers, etc.  They also include an engagement session, $150 print credit, photos on DVDs, etc.  You can check out their website: www.inluxphoto.com.  The photographers, Jarred and Heather, and 2 of the nicest people and they're very creative.  I went to college with Heather and I can tell you that she's wonderful. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Azar photography.  They are awesome and reasonable in price.  We did our engagment session about a month ago and they turned out amazing.  You should check him out. 
    azarphotography.com

Good luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Hillary Ferguson Photography in Columbus. Our package includes Hillary as our main photographer, but she also has an assistant who comes with her. The package we chose also includes whole-day coverage and all of our photos on a disk with printing rights. We already had our engagement photos with her and were extremely happy with how they turned out, I would definitely recommend her!

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mamboqueenmamboqueen member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, no recs. Just don't do what we did. Hired a friend of a friend....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Noah Joy Photography.  We absolutely looooooved our engagement photos and we just found out he's on The Knot of Columbus's new lis for next year.  He is really down-to-earth, very organized, and of course takes good photos. :) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OTN Photography!!
    They are sooo reasonable and very good!!!

Her webpage is www.otnphotography.com
    and her email is otnphotography@gmail.com!!

Here is her ad!

Prices range from $745 to $1300.
    We did the $1300 package and got a Free Engagement Session and a Free Boudoir Session!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    check out jessica love photography. we liked them, and could use them if our date is still open when we decide to book.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    IQ foto does an amazing job!  Maria is wonderful to work with. 
  • Options
    kaimahkaimah member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used JW Photography, 2 photographers, rights and album. they did a fatastic job! www.djandphotography.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I do not recommend DK photgraphic!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going with picture the love. I can't get over how cool their pictures are. they run 2550 for unlimited hours, rights to the pictures (shared) which they give you on a usb drive, two photographers (husband and wife team), a cool album, and a great attitude. Plus the engagement session is only $250 and they are very flexible. They are both very talented and trained photographers so we will get great traditional photos plus some fantastic creative shots.
    image 445 Invited so far!
    image 50 Are ready to party!
    image 29 Will be missing out!
    image 366 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards