New Hampshire
Options

Brookstone brides??

Hi all,

I am new to the NH boards, as I was originally planning for a wedding in Massachusetts. My fiance and I went to the wedding show on Monday Jan 31 held at Brookstone Park in Derry.  We both loved the venue and held a date for April 28, 2012. We haven't officially booked yet and I'm wondering if anyone can share any reviews of Brookstone or their recommended vendors (Jacques Pastries, Get Down Tonight, Ford Flowers, Freshwater Farms, Black Tie Limo) . They offer an optional vendor package that includes 4 of those vendors.  Please let me know what you think, and if you have pictures, even better! Thank you SO much!

Re: Brookstone brides??

• Options
    DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about the other vendors, but you will get a LOT of rave reviews on the board for both Get Down Tonight, and Jacques.  I haven't booked my DJ yet, but I will be the first to strongly recommend Jacques to you!

They did my grandparents' 50th anniversary cake, and not only was it gorgeous - entirely buttercream, but so flawless we all assumed it was fondant - it was amazingly delicious as well.  My mother ordered her birthday cake from them, and it was incredible.  There was a slight problem with the frosting (the red flowers on her birthday cake tasted off), but their customer service and follow-through was incredible.  There is no question in my mind that I will be ordering my cake through them, and my mother even called me today to beg me to let her come to the tasting...which isn't scheduled yet.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Options
    FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I heard rave reviews from Ford Flowers. Here is a "Real Wedding" featuring a former knottie who used Ford's http://weddings.theknot.com/Real-Weddings/59615/view.aspx?type=1&id=59615

I've also heard great things about Freshwater Farms. Here is a former Knottie's Wedding bio, Ninnypooper, who used them, she also had her reception at Brookstone. 

Black Tie also gets rave reviews on here as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had Bob from Get Down Tonight and we were very happy.  We (and the large majority of our guests) were on the dance floor the whole night long!
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're using a DJ from Get Down tonight, (Drew Rissler).  I've seen Ford Flowers displays at bridal shows in the past and their work is beautiful.  I have also known people who used Black Tie Limo and they were very happy with them.  We are also planning on using Jacques Pastries for the wedding cake, but have not booked them yet, (hoping to do that in the next month).

September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding there in 2009, my reviews are in my bio. I had a great experience with the Brookstones overall. We loved the food, so good (my husband and I eat dinner in the restaraunt often too) and we loved the fact that the ceremony was outside rain or shine (and would not be set up in the reception room if it rained, like most other venues). The price pp was very reasonable, we were able to have an open bar the whole night. My mother handled most of the planning process with Jennifer (the event coordinator) and did think that she was difficult to get a hold of. But I cant speak too much about that. Also we did not use the vendor package, but we did hire Black Tie Limo (I also had an awesome experience with them!!!)

If you have any other specific questions I'd be glad to share my experience!
    er1ca_coleman@yahoo.com

www.babeeegirl.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there next March (3/31/12). 
    I love it there! Alex has been great to work with so far, and I have no complaints.
    We are not going with the vendor package.  Jacques doesn't do any cakes that allow for dietary restrictions (I've got dairy allergies, gluten allergies and a diebetic coming, and since I'm the one with the dairy allergy and want to be able to eat my own cake, that's a problem).
    We're looking at Ford and Lynsey Loring design for flowers.  No clue on DJ yet, and we're not doing a limo.  I can't justify the expense for a limo. We'll just get a livery car.  Much cheaper.  Our photographer is from MA (we're Boston based, and our photographer is Keith Berry).  Our videopgrapher is also from MA (Folster Video).
    Let me know if you have any questions!
    4/29/12
  • Options
    JuJuBee1977JuJuBee1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
    I attended a wedding there last year and I must say it was FABULOUS!  Not sure bout the vendors, but have heard rave reviews for all mentioned on here.

Good Luck!

Jules
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, girls!! I am thrilled to hear such wonderful things about the venue and vendors. We just got our estimate back and I am thrilled with that, too! It looks like it will be a go! I'm going to spend a bit more time researching the vendors and what the vendor package costs to make sure I am getting a good deal but that doesn't have to be set in stone now. Thank you again, I was so excited to see all of the responses this morning. Laughing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards