Hawaii
Options

Boudoir Photo

Did anyone decide to do a Boudoir photo shoot for their hubby's to be? I did and had so much fun with it... I was super comfortable and LOVE how the pics turned out :-D Now I am just waiting for the album to come in :-D

one of my favorites :-D

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Boudoir Photo

• Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, I am so jealous!!  I am dying to do them but there are no boudoir photographers in my area.  Your pic is amazing!!

May I ask who did your photos?  I would love to get them done on our honeymoon!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I dont mind you asking at all! Kris Labang took them and Nica from Flaunt did my hair and makeup. They were professional and I felt comfortable the whole time :-D

http://www.facebook.com/people/Kris-Labang/100000650333735
    BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    No doubt that boudoir photos can be beautifully done...but I wonder...what the heck does one do with them after the initial look??  I mean, it's not like you can frame them and keep them out to show everyone.  So, in terms of being practical...do you think boudoir photos are a good gift?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Woo! Looking good!

Missa - lots of people do photobooks of them - it's a really popular thing to do either as a gift for the wedding day or for the first anniversary (paper). I know my husband really wants me to do them, but I'm just not... well... I don't think I have the body for it.
  • Options
    mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looking good!! Your FI is going to LOVE them!
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you very much for sharing, your pic is beautiful!!!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing mine in August! I am super excited about them and can not wait!! Your fiance is going to be so excited to see them.. Your pic looks super hot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow...that's a gorgeous pic! I want to take boudoir pics but am shy about exposing myself (even in a tasteful manner) to strangers.  Ahhh...maybe I can muster up courage to do some for our 1st anniversary.
    Ally & Mar | 08.09.10 | The Coconut Club, Oahu
    Planning Bio-updated 06/07 | Married Bio & For SALE items

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HOT!!  i can't wait to do mine in sept
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    gooooorgeous! i'm sure your FI will love them :)
    Todd & Cari
    7.23.2011~Hale Koa Hotel
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Holy cow!  You look hawt!  Your FI is going to love them!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great pic! I think your fi will be very excited for his gift!

AKWinterBride - If you really want to do them before the wedding, you might try approaching some local photographers to see if they would be interested in taking them. You could try to negotiate a discount if it's not something they would normally do, as it might be an area for expansion in their business and good practice for them. They might not be as great as someone with experience, but you never know. My mom's a photographer, and I know she'd be excited to try something new!

Alyson - Personally, I don't think you have to have a specific body to take these, especially if your husband would be excited for them. You might be surprised at how great they could turn out, regardless of body size/shape/type!  If you're thinking about it, I say go for it!  I'm a larger girl and have not done these, but plan to for our 1st anniversary. I think there will need to be some creativity to get some good shots, but I'm pretty sure my husband will love them, especially if they have pics of boobies, lol!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards