California-Orange County

Alterations

Hi, who are you using for alterations and how much did it cost you? I am not looking forward to this expense, but my dress does not fit well otherwise, so I guess it is something I can not overlook.

Re: Alterations

• edited December 2011
    The alterations cost $330 at the first seamstress for: adding cups, taking in the sides, hemming, adding an elastic band, and putting in a bustle. I then had to go to a second seamstress at a different salon for more alterations to fix (as much as possible) what the first salon did to my wedding dress.

The initial, sad alterations were performed at the salon where I purchased my dress, Ferndales Bridal in Orange, CA. For more details, see my post here:

You should definitely do your homework and find a reputable, well-reviewed seamstress (unlike me). You do not want to risk the person who works on your dress being lazy and/or incompetent. Make sure you feel like the seamstress you are working with is listening to you from the start. If you do not like them, you can always pay a small "pinning" fee, take your dress and go elsewhere.
  • edited December 2011
    I just got married and I had Mahtab do my alterations and she did an amazing job.  She is wonderful, easy to work with and well priced for the work she does.  Look her up under Wedding Alterations by Mahtab.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards