May 2012 Weddings
Options

Warning! Tmi! Stressed induced symptoms?

So I wanted to ask you ladies as I'm a little confused and annoyed. So I put a call into the ol' doc as I hav been having some issues. By issues I mean over a month of spotting and constant upset stomach. I've been onthe pill for two years now, no issues. I take it religiously, skip the placebos every month and havent had a cycle or spotting in two years. I have only ever "missed" one pill, wasn't recent. When I talked to the doc who chalked it up to high stress levels from the wedding. I know when I get nervous or stressed the first thing to go is my stomach. I understand that. But stress induced spotting for over a month? Dont get me wrong, IM STRESSED! But this is absurd. It's causing problems with fi as I refuse to have sex. Some gals are cool with it, I can't do it. Fi jokes "have we already gotten married?" as to imply that's why he isnt getting any... I've explained, he says he doesn't mind but I wouldnt be able to relax at all or enjoy it. Have any of you ladies experienced this? Or something similiar? The doc says its common, don't worry, no need to come in... Bah. I just want it all over with!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Warning! Tmi! Stressed induced symptoms?

• Options
    I've had similar issues. I have been on the depo shot one and off for about 10 years. About 6 months ago I missed my shot and my system was completely screwed up. I had spotting (and sometimes more) for nearly two months! It was really aggravating. And, like you, I won't let FI near me when my friend visits. I just don't like it and he's fine with it. I am finally under control again, and I have a shot due next week. It will be my last one and I hate to see what happens when the shot wears off in 3 months and how long it will take for my body to get back to normal.

I had questioned my doc about the nearly two months of spotting, and they said it was normal and not to worry about it. I'd give it a few more weeks and if it continues, I would call that doc again. I'm sure it's nothing but stress. Try to relax a little. Our bodies do funny things when we're under alot of stres and emotion.
  • Options
    i thought about starting a stressed induced symptoms thread... but didn't know if it'd be too TMI for anyone.  i think if you have sex with your FI you may feel better.  you could always do it in the shower so you won't have to deal with messy sheets.  just an idea.

my period's usually pretty regular, but the last one i had some spotting about a week early (very weird... i never have spotting) then a day later had a full blown period, then spotting for almost a week afterwards.  that sucked...

i'm also havng an eczema breakout on my scalp, mom says stress makes it worse, i'm having trouble getting it under control.  :(

and i've been super anxious lately and felt like i was going to vomit for most of today.  i've got 6 1/2 weeks left until the wedding... this better not last that long!!!  haha

on top of planning a wedding though, i'm also working full time, having to fix up my house to rent (lots of projects), planning a move to colorado in 5 weeks, packing all my belongings, looking for a new job in CO and a bunch of other stuff.. :(
  • Options
    I think it is all from stress. I haven't been on BC in almost 2 years because I am a weird person and my body rejects it. I have also never had spotting in my life. Until a few months ago. And now every few months it happens. I would try to relax. Maybe a nice hot bath or a good book on the couch. Just something to relax you and keep your mind off things.

I too do not want FI to touch me when Aunt Flo is here or if anything close to her is here. That even includes him touching my butt as he likes to slap it sometimes lol. However this maybe TMI for some but FI and I have had sex during a few times but it was like towards the end when it was a REALLY light day. I would suggest trying this but I agree to do it in the shower.
  • Options
    This happened to me a year or two after starting the pill. I had no issues and then out of nowhere I spotted for a month. I went into my gyno and they switched my pill and I haven't had issues since. According to the gyno, the first pill I was on had fluctuating hormone levels which confused my body and caused me to spot. The "new" pill (I've been on it for a couple years now) has a constant level of hormones throughout the month (along with the placebo the last week). So maybe that's what's wrong? I hope it gets better soon!
  • Options
    Because your doc says it's related to stress what about some stress relieving exercise? I completely understand not wanting to have sex while you are experiencing spotting.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I've had similar problems.  I get spotting off/on in general, but it seems to be worse when I'm stressed.  In Jan/Feb I was also experiencing some disturbing GI upset - might be TMI, but I mean severe stomach cramps like I've never had before and an almost uncontrollable urge to use the restroom about every 30 mins, even after everything was emptied out.  Kind of like having the dry heaves after you've already vomited everything up, but with GI tract.  The episodes would last about 2-3 hours each.  I'd say I had about 2-4 episodes total over about 3 weeks time.  I haven't had one since the beginning of Feb.

So yes, it can be stress induced.  Did you call your MD or your OBGYN?  I'd be more concerned about the spotting.  When was the last time you had a pap/yearly?  One of my friends was having irregular spotting/bleeding, esp. after sex, and even though her OB said it was probably nothing, they did another pap - she ended up needing to have an excisional biopsy done of a dysplastic (precancerous) lesion.  However, she does have HPV though so that plays a role as well.

Not trying to scare you or anything, though.  I'd give things another 2 weeks to settle, while actively trying to de-stress.  If you are still having issues after that, I'd get it checked out.  It IS probably nothing, but even when statistics say 95% of the time something is okay, it still means that for 5% of population it isn't!  Doctors aren't infallible (I should know ;), you know your body better than anyone, and even if it ends up to be nothing if you get it checked out it will give you peace of mind.

Hope you start to feel better soon!
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I spotted for like 6 months when I was on my old pill. We did the next hormone level up and I haven't had problems since. I did start breaking out  a little on my face and gaining a little bit a weight from stress. :(
  • Options
    Don't worry about it too much. Spotting is preferable to missing 2 cycles in a row due to stress. We recently thought I was pregnant and went to the doctor because the at home tests kept coming up negative. I took the urine test in the doc's office and it was negative. She did an internal check just to be sure and I'm not, chalked it up to being over stressed. The crappy thing is that barely a week later I had the worst period of my life! Absolutely floored me! Go figure! :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_warning-tmi-stressed-induced-symptoms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:0d21d3c2-0dbe-4c0e-9839-1b9e0fec4ec6Post:4dfe22df-dcf4-4b2e-99a9-54a3d9d4a1fe">Re: Warning! Tmi! Stressed induced symptoms?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i thought about starting a stressed induced symptoms thread... but didn't know if it'd be too TMI for anyone.  i think if you have sex with your FI you may feel better. <strong> you could always do it in the shower so you won't have to deal with messy sheets.  just an idea</strong>. my period's usually pretty regular, but the last one i had some spotting about a week early (very weird... i never have spotting) then a day later had a full blown period, then spotting for almost a week afterwards.  that sucked... i'm also havng an eczema breakout on my scalp, mom says stress makes it worse, i'm having trouble getting it under control.  :( and i've been super anxious lately and felt like i was going to vomit for most of today.  i've got 6 1/2 weeks left until the wedding... this better not last that long!!!  haha on top of planning a wedding though, i'm also working full time, having to fix up my house to rent (lots of projects), planning a move to colorado in 5 weeks, packing all my belongings, looking for a new job in CO and a bunch of other stuff.. :(
    Posted by comeongetdown[/QUOTE]

THIS!
    imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    MelisMCMelisMC member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Glad you posted this because this just started happening to me in the last week! I've been on BC for years and NEVER spotted. Suddenly, I was spotting and didn't know what to make of it. I'm thinking is caused by stress, but if things continue I plan to make a visit to the dr.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the input and advice. Fi and I had a long talk lastnight. We decided that I should just get off bc pills and regulate thay way we are just ready to go when we dedide to start trying. We took some addtl. advice as well, minus the shower ;). I have to say I had a great time. I thought I wouldnt, being afraid of a mess. Didnt even cross my mind :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Umm I also failed to mention after taking some advice, fi and i said f it and went for it. I woke up this morning to no spotting! In the 5 weeks that this has been happening it has been steady and constant. So apparently I just need to get some lol blush
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards