March 2013 Weddings
Options

When are you registering?

Hey Ladies! When are you all planning on starting to register?

I ask because we have a lot of guests traveling for our wedding, so we're sending our save the dates out in the next week or two and they have our wedding website on them. The wedding website shows our registries, which we've only added like 10 things to at this point because those are the items we definitely need. Should we finish registering before people start checking out the website? My showers aren't until Nov. and Feb. (two dif locations) so I'm thinking maybe I should just remove the registry section from the wedding website until maybe September and register then?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: When are you registering?

• Options
    I think the idea of removing it for now is a good idea until you are able to register for more things. I think September is a good time to put a fuller one up because that's when people might start thinking about gifts (I usually get stuff within a couple weeks but some people like to plan far ahead!).

I think we'll start registering within a few months. I have no idea when my showers will be (or if I'll have one, no one's technically offered yet but I'm pretty sure my mom has mentioned it before). I used to be really antsy to do it, and now I'm a little anxious because I can't make decisions! Do we really want this color sheets? Do we really want this set of baking pans? I overthink things.. haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    We are going to register in the next week. My first shower is sept 2nd. My MOH will be home to visit then & she lives in a different state. She wont be back again till the wedding, and wanted to throw me one then :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I saw the Knot recommends doing it at 8 months out, I'm thinking mostly thats if your having an engagment party maybe? We probably won't register until the fall, my shower won't be until Jan or Feb probably. I did register at Macys because they were having a registering party thing, but I put my registry as private so no one can see it yet, not sure if you can do that other places?
    siggyaugust Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I know at target you can make it where they have to have a password to see it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are going into bed bath and beyond to start out set up at the end of the month.. Mainly because i got a free gift swag bag for making an appointment and a recent show i attended. We wont fully fill it out until October because i dont want everything to go out for the season. Like a PP said, Target lets you password protect it. We are just hiding that part of our wedding website until i know our registry is set up. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I put our Macys registry on private but BB&B doesn't have that option so I just removed it from the wedding website until we get a chance to finish registering. I'm also really indecisive so it might take us a while to finish it! haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We sent our save the dates and "finished" registering at Target last week. I will keep updating the registry every few months as things go out of season and as the holidays approach. We may register at a second place, but so far one seems like enough.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I registered like 2 months ago.  I know I did it very far in advance, but I wanted to have time to tweak the registry.  My hubbie and I live together, and so we made it and keep adding the things we need that keep coming up.  It makes it easier to have it for a long time, than rush to get it done.

I registered at bed bath and beyond.  I love their incentive program, my people can order online, I have heard so many good things about their program.  Plus they take their expired coupons.  They also keep our registry for 2 years AFTER our wedding date, so it made sense to do it early.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree that it is nice registering early so you can tweak it. My fiance and I bought a house earlier this year and I moved into it with him about a month ago. Registering is a great way to keep a list of things we need around the house but don't want to buy right away. We will end up buying quite a few things ourselves and just take them off the list and replenish with other items.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Probably September sometime. FI and I have a little girl and I was SO EXCITED to register for her stuff but I got really overwhelmed and cried in the  baby proofing aisle. Hoping for a better experience lol.
    March 2013 Siggy - Ceremony Venue Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards